GDT: Buffalo @ Philadelphia, 7:30 PM ET, 10/25/2016, NBCSN

WildCard

WildCard, thank you nice job!

I'm a little fearful of this one. We benefit in that Philly played last night but we need to settle down right now and I'm not sure that we don't have too much going on to accomplish that. Will be an interesting one for sure.

Oooo ahhhhh Gorges shut down McDavid on his third game in 4 nights for Connor. What an accomplishment!

I like to think the wily old vet can frustrate the new kid. I also think McDavid is the kind of talent that won't keep frustrated for long once he sees the old dog's tricks.

Finally the bye week is over.

Who made this schedule with a long break this early in the season and don't the Sabres have an inordinate number of back-to-backs later in the season?

Anyway, on ward and up ward.

I so want to beat those hated Flyers.  Just win, baby.  I don't care how ugly it is just score one more goal than those guys.

GO SABRES!!

Oooo ahhhhh Gorges shut down McDavid on his third game in 4 nights for Connor. What an accomplishment!

That means nothing at this point in the season.

A request for the coach - we have four games in six nights. If you can't keep O'Reilly under 22 minutes, at least TRY and keep him under 25 for once. Thanks.

Must-win game

With that 4th line, I just don't see that happening, unfortunately.

Here's a theory. Reinhart will shine because he has to carry his line. He won't do his normal of deferring to be a team player.

I think Reinhart lacks confidence.

I think that's a good take.

Nilsson in goal.

Really glad I took the Flyers in the gambling thread. :bag:

Besides the Edmonton game, I haven't seen anything from this team that gives me any confidence. I still think we are a ways away since we knew our depth was an issue before the season began, and now that Eichel and Kane is out and we've had injuries from Kulikov, ROR, etc. the lack of depth is really showing.

I hope they figure it out quick.

If Ennis - Reinhart - Girgensons play well together, develop some chemistry, and are able to consistently provide some secondary scoring, it would go miles towards establishing some realistic playoff hopes for this year. The top line with O'Reilly will do what it needs to, balance is what's crucial. This is a big game in that a good performance from line 2 would be huge. Could mean good things going forward for this season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.