GDT: Montreal @ Buffalo, 7pm MSG, 10/13/2016

LGR4GM

Unless we admit we are not a cusp playoff team. If one takes the pov that we are waiting for dead space to come free with Gionta, Gorges Moulson and Franson coming off the books, we are right on schedule.   :flirt:

I don't admit that. I have stated this is a playoff team. When those four contracts are off the books it's gravy.

Des was fine. That diving shot on goal was epic.

If that goes in, it becomes legend. Like that pass Peca made one-handed on his belly to Dixon Ward who skates in alone and buries it.

Why do you have such a problem with our leading goal scorer.

:bag:

On an 82-goal season pace. He's back!

I didn't like that our players let the distances grow so much especially between defence and forwards. Also the players were too often without any help from the next guy. We don't have enough skill and we do need to play as a team if we want to win.

Lehner didn't impress me either.

Lehner didn't impress me either.

I have no issue with him last night. Does he want one back? sure but did he get help from any player on d or any forward at all last night? I don't think so.

I think the 2nd and 4th could have been saved although they were not actually his fault.

Definitely 4th, the other three would have required a spectacular save or luck to stop. However, he also made some spectacular saves that bailed the team out. You can only ask for so much from a goalie. He would have needed to play lights out for us to win last night. So yes, he could have saved the game for us. But did he lose the game for us? No.

Moulson is a major problem. He's going to need to get waived. 

At times last season he looked completely shot;   just not the kind of player that should be in a supposedly resurgent playoff striving team.  I think he was 45 minutes productivity last season -  he got his goal early - now we see nothing from him for the next 3 games, with his average on ice time.

And that lame-brain Gorges - am I the only one who thinks he stinks?  He's like a big slow moving pylon out there.  In fact, a pylon pulled on a string might be better - at least the pylon wouldn't take idiotic penalties like Gorges does.  

Unfortunately we still have another year of Gorges and a few years of Matty Mo. Kulikov is a UFA. We could have pretty much no defense going into next year unless we get some more guys under contract.

Moulson is a major problem. He's going to need to get waived.

I don't think GMTM is going to wait on stuff like this. It needs to happen sooner rather than later.

And yet, plenty of people around here were in denial all offseason. He's cooked, just an absolute negative at even strength (which is this team's biggest problem). Give his 12 minutes to anyone.

Also, remember when we all thought Rochester was going to have a team worth watching this year? Yea, that dream died an early death with all the injuries :lol:

You're damn right I'm blaming you. Sir.

Pfffffft. If Tim Murray had taken my advice the team would be in better shape even with the injuries.

And yet, plenty of people around here were in denial all offseason. He's cooked, just an absolute negative at even strength (which is this team's biggest problem). Give his 12 minutes to anyone.

Also, remember when we all thought Rochester was going to have a team worth watching this year? Yea, that dream died an early death with all the injuries :lol:

Pfffffft. If Tim Murray had taken my advice the team would be in better shape even with the injuries.

Just because I think Moulson will have a better year doesn't mean I want him on the team :p

Hey, just to cheer everyone up,  the Sabres collectively have 1 goal and 2 total assist points this season.      But Connor McDavid has 2 goals, and 3 total points, more than the entire Sabres roster.  Will the Sabres team collective offensive effort surpass Connor McDavid's individual stats by the end of Game 2?     :lol:

Edited by Jsixspd

It's only one game, but I was pretty disappointed in Ennis.  He was completely ineffective.  And where was the speed?

Hopefully he finds his groove again.  If it happens, though, it'll probably take 10-15 games.

Not playing in a game that counts for almost a year could have a lot to do with that. The play that many complained that he needed to bury was a great play by the Montreal D-man diving to knock the puck away before Ennis was able to connect. Historically he's always seemed to be a slow starter, hopefully that won't be the case this year, because he's gonna have to be counted on to pick up some of the scoring that Eichel would of contributed.

It's neither. The Buffalo Curse is just that it's Buffalo. It's not a compelling city when plotted against others and just now has rich, willing owners.

Many many teams have tanked shamelessly and succeeded. There is no karma.

except that very few teams, if any had been as cocky or arrogant as GMTM had been about it. Everyone knows they were tanking for McDavid. Most teams make it atleast look like they are trying to be better and win, or are just inept and lucky like the oilers

except thatMatthewsw teams, if any had been as cocky or arrogant as GMTM had been about it. Everyone knows they were tanking for McDavid. Most teams make it atleast look like they are trying to be better and win, or are just inept and lucky like the oilers

No they don't. Toronto was even more arrogant about getting Matthews and they had less of a chance to hit the lottery.

except that very few teams, if any had been as cocky or arrogant as GMTM had been about it. Everyone knows they were tanking for McDavid. Most teams make it atleast look like they are trying to be better and win, or are just inept and lucky like the oilers

Naw. Those teams were, too. But we're fans so we saw every ounce of it. Who gives a how it's done anyways? They tanked.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.