Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

That would be fun.

Currently, in the East, out of the 8 teams in playoff spots you would have the #2 and #3 teams by points (PIT/CBJ) playing eachother in the first round.   That's idiotic.   That means 1 of the top 4 teams in the entire NHL will be out in the first round.   Just dumb.

Agreed. Some players have spoken out against the format too.

That's not happening. Toronto is winning all of their big games, and it's our own fault that our games with them are not considered big for them. In fact, with the way they're going, Toronto might end up with home ice facing a very weak Ottawa team. 

What could have been...

They will beat the Sens in five games.

And it wouldn't surprise me if they advance to the ECF.

Jack can and does score goals that are just as pretty.

As the creator of the original post in the Eichel Scrapbook thread, I agree :) 

There was a lot of potential for a decade of bitterness regarding McDavid, but Jack has been so good that I can enjoy what Connor does without getting even a little bit upset.

As the creator of the original post in the Eichel Scrapbook thread, I agree :)

There was a lot of potential for a decade of bitterness regarding McDavid, but Jack has been so good that I can enjoy what Connor does without getting even a little bit upset.

I'm still bitter :lol:

it is all Babs...if we had got him like we should have things would be day and night with both them and us...

I dissagree, their forward ranks are just better set up than ours, they have a 3rd and 4th line that can score to.

Matthews, nylander and marner pushed guys like komarov, bozak to the 3rd line where they belong.

I dissagree, their forward ranks are just better set up than ours, they have a 3rd and 4th line that can score to.

Matthews, nylander and marner pushed guys like komarov, bozak to the 3rd line where they belong.

I agree and disagree with this...agree that the leafs are getting excellent results from all over their lineup, but that is a reflection of coaching...I live north of Toronto and all I hear is Leaf fans talk and complain for years how bad Kadri JVR and other Leafs were...now all of a sudden with babs coaching they are heros and everyone loves them...I can just imagine how much babs would be getting out of guys like Foligno if he were here. The leafs (like the Oilers) play an attack-style exciting style of hockey that is suited for today's wide-open NHL. Meanwhile, Blysma is stressing a plodding, defense-first, score a goal or two then hang-on-for-dear-life style game that has a best before date of like 1984...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.