Cody Hodgson Retires

GASabresIUFAN

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/we-hardly-knew-you-cody-former-canucks-first-rounder-to-coach-wee-tennesseans

A sad end of what could have been a really solid career. However, a lack of foot speed and a 2 way game ended the dream. At least he walks away with a huge pile of Pegula cash.

I wish him the best.

The organization?

Nawwww man. Nawwww.

Corky Hotdog ruined his own career because he didn't give a ###### about hockey. Didn't want it. Probably never did.

He wasn't the only player that had played well elsewhere, only to be thrown into the tire fire of a tank and never emerge again into the NHL, or at least a respectable standing

He wasn't the only player that had played well elsewhere, only to be thrown into the tire fire of a tank and never emerge again into the NHL, or at least a respectable standing

He had the talent. He just didn't want to do the work. Like that guy who does "cleanses" all the time to lose weight, but doesn't care enough to go to the gym.

The organization?

Nawwww man. Nawwww.

Corky Hotdog ruined his own career because he didn't give a ###### about hockey. Didn't want it. Probably never did.

And yet he made it to the NHL. Pretty cool trick. Do we really need to demonize guys who make it to the show and fall short? How good a golfer is the worst golfer on the PGA Tour? Should he want it more? This is a lazy opinion that doesn't come close to explaining why Hodgson wasn't better.

I'm sure there are thousands who would kill to have had the career he had.

As usual, we are sympatico.

Didn't Cody screw up his back?

Shhhh. There are narrative-advancers at work.

I'll say this

I think he had the skill to be a great player but he was extremely stubborn and unwilling to adapt to the game from his style. Nolan may have been the straw that broke the camel's back but Hodgson was always doomed to fall off if he couldn't learn to adapt. His Dad's insistence on his greatness may have been his downfall since he never learned he wasn't perfect until he'd gone too far down the rabbit hole.  

I wish him luck however in his future endeavors 

Didn't Cody screw up his back?

Unless he comes out and details how the injury derailed his career, we are left to fill in the gaps.

I'm sure there are thousands who would kill to have had the career he had.

Yes and I'd like to think most could have done better with the talent he had. Good on him, now he can hike with Gary Roberts and eat donuts from Tim Hortons.

Cody hodgepodge came to represent everything Regier did wrong with this team. Fair or unfair thats how it shakes out to me. He had the talent but lacked the drive. But he did work out with Gary Roberts so there's that. I was pretty vocal in my dislike for Cody the player but I wish him luck in whatever he chooses to pursue. Thats just how I roll.

Edited by bunomatic

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.