GDT: Toronto @ Buffalo, 9/30/2016, 7pm

LGR4GM

After "basically all" of the Sabres regulars played last night with the exception of ROR, Eichel, Reinhart, Ennis, Kulikov, Ristolainen, the Sabres will be back at it again tonight. They take on the Leafs yet again and if we are lucky we could see Auston Matthews tonight. Jack Eichel is supposed to go for us as well. Our Nylander was better than their Nylander last night but they are both really good prospects so this will be a fun battle to watch. No word yet if either Nylander will play tonight.

jack-eichel-nhl-buffalo-sabres-toronto-m

Edited by LGR4GM

Hahahhaha, I like the 'basically all of our best players' line.  Damn leaf fans.....Is Eichel going tonight?  I though DD said a couple of days ago he wasn't playing him in either of the leaf games.  Maybe Eichel pushed him into it.  Looking forward to another televised game.

I know it is the internet and we say crazy stuff here too but I wanted to steal this quote from the leafs board: "Matthews will probably be better this season than Kessel ever was." 

Leaf fans are delusional.

I'd love to see Eichel tonight, especially against the leafs.  But the guy has played 6 meaningful games already.  I'd squeeze him in one of the last two and not risk any type of injury (knock on wood).

It was talked about yesterday, they have Mac Bennett, Montreal draft pick from 2009, 3rd round

I haven't heard a word about him

Edit: it finally dawned on me. He was signed the same time as the great Daniel Muzito-Bagenda. :Blink: Where's that dude been? (I don't remember any of this happening)

Edited by inkman

GM TM live on WGR55 shortly

on now

Schoop:  What did you get done regarding roster that you wanted to do:  GMTM: Backup goalie.. Kyle Okoposo and trade at draft for Kulikov

GMTM:  Regarding: KO, He wanted to play here 

GMTM:  Stamkos going back to Tampa no surprise

Schoop:  More to come, Defensemen, Anaheim?  GMTM:  No trade talk to Buffalo

Schoop:  Do you like your mix of forwards?  GMTM:  Nylander maybe..  Fasching maybe.. Mentioned Baptiste also

Schoop: Risto timeline:  GMTM:  None..  Negotiations are ongoing.  No deadlines yet, but they are looming.  Season start is looming deadline.

Schoop:  Do both sides have a preference to a longer term deal  GMTM: yes..  we are open to short term, bridge or long term..  We all want more...  You take what you get..

Schoop:  How good is Risto?  GMTM:  Good young player, will mature, he has a chance to be a really good player.  Somebody has to play tough minutes against Crosby.  It will probably be Risto.

Schoop:  Happy with Niellson?  GMTM:  Yes..  Very little movement, big strong, prepares, does everything right

Schoop:  Lehner in shape, did you do this?  GMTM:  No..  He did it on his own.  Out of shape last year due to circumstance..  Did MMA off the ice..  Always been in greats shape.  On the edge of conditioning techniques.

That is all..

Edited by wjag

I wonder if that "no trade talk" bit means he feels comfortable with the D as currently constructed, going forward.

My take listening to him was he was busy working contracts and not upgrading the defense...  They are who we think they are

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.