Evander Kane arrested on misdemeanor charge for June nightclub incident

Hoss

It's a condition, not a penalty.

But it is something.

If he were to get in trouble again, the only consequence is that this case would be reinstated.

Charges weren't dropped. They were ACD'd.

And it is well debatable whether it's ultimately good for Kane to have secured this outcome.

My kid played a rival high school in the playoffs last week. The opponent's star player had been caught at a dance the past weekend with a flask in her purse. She was suspended as an initial matter, but her mom (a lawyer) got the penalty held in abeyance pending a further investigation (they are saying it wasn't her flask, etc.). My kid says the girl is widely known as a rowdy party girl.

Good for her to be relieved of the consequence until after the season is over? Some might say so. I don't.

She'll likely go through life being relieved of consequence by mom. Poor kid.

It's a condition, not a penalty.

But it is something.

If he were to get in trouble again, the only consequence is that this case would be reinstated.

Charges weren't dropped. They were ACD'd.

And it is well debatable whether it's ultimately good for Kane to have secured this outcome.

My kid played a rival high school in the playoffs last week. The opponent's star player had been caught at a dance the past weekend with a flask in her purse. She was suspended as an initial matter, but her mom (a lawyer) got the penalty held in abeyance pending a further investigation (they are saying it wasn't her flask, etc.). My kid says the girl is widely known as a rowdy party girl.

Good for her to be relieved of the consequence until after the season is over? Some might say so. I don't.

that kids Mom! Not literally. But yeah, that lady!

I dnon-cri overly intend to slag that kid's mom. My larger point is whether it's ultimately good for Kane to have evaded a (criminal) consequence in this situation.

Here we go again you and I.  Wasn't he charged with non criminal trespass?  If so he was never facing criminal charges but rather what amounts to public safety ordinance violations.  So he didn't evade anything.  In fact, ordinance violations are somewhat binary in the conduct proscribed.  One could read these facts and say that the authorities are done placating the complainants, and dismissed on grounds that even if their allegations were true, there is no liability criminal or otherwise.  Another interpretation of the events for your consideration.

Edited by 3putt

Here we go again you and I. Wasn't he charged with non criminal trespass? If so he was never facing criminal charges but rather what amounts to public safety ordinance violations. So he didn't evade anything. In fact, ordinance violations are somewhat binary in the conduct proscribed. One could read these facts and say that the authorities are done placating the complainants, and dismissed on grounds that even if their allegations were true, there is no liability criminal or otherwise. Another interpretation of the events for your consideration.

I was non caffeinated and taking a poop. Sorry?

Substitute "non-criminal penal" for "criminal."

Mike Russo, who is a jurno I'd trust, was on Marek & Wyshinski's podcast yesterday stating as fact that the Wild were in deep negotiations with GMTM re: Evander before this mess happened.  I think that pretty much confirms that GMTM was in full-on sell mode with him, and he'd be gone had he behaved himself. 

No idea what the return was / would have been.

Mike Russo, who is a jurno I'd trust, was on Marek & Wyshinski's podcast yesterday stating as fact that the Wild were in deep negotiations with GMTM re: Evander before this mess happened. I think that pretty much confirms that GMTM was in full-on sell mode with him, and he'd be gone had he behaved himself.

Common sense would dictate the return would've been one of their defensemen. Given the time frame we're looking at, bet if it had happened we wouldn't have added Kulikov.

Mike Russo, who is a jurno I'd trust, was on Marek & Wyshinski's podcast yesterday stating as fact that the Wild were in deep negotiations with GMTM re: Evander before this mess happened. I think that pretty much confirms that GMTM was in full-on sell mode with him, and he'd be gone had he behaved himself.

Interesting. I find it a little hard to believe, though, because i don't see why GMTM would've wanted to unload him at that point (ie before Kane got into trouble). Kane was only a Sabre for 1 (injury – shortened) season at that point.

Interesting. I find it a little hard to believe, though, because i don't see why GMTM would've wanted to unload him at that point (ie before Kane got into trouble). Kane was only a Sabre for 1 (injury – shortened) season at that point.

I dunno, the timing fits and Russo isn't Eklund. Russo reporting talks were deep, our biggest need was a top-4 LHD, Minnesota has an excess at that position, and the very day the Bottoms Up thing breaks...Murray trades for Kulikov? Methinks there's some fire here.

I dunno, the timing fits and Russo isn't Eklund. Russo reporting talks were deep, our biggest need was a top-4 LHD, Minnesota has an excess at that position, and the very day the Bottoms Up thing breaks...Murray trades for Kulikov? Methinks there's some fire here.

Apparently, there's either a second source, or one journo is repeating another one:

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23419-trade-ideas-and-speculation/?p=877684

Murray traded for Kulikov on day two of the draft, and the Kane news broke on day 1, right? Still, probably same difference.

Murray traded for Kulikov on day two of the draft, and the Kane news broke on day 1, right? Still, probably same difference.

You're right. For some reason I was thinking it was the day of because I know it was before they were 100% certain Asplund would still be there. Shockingly, however, I agree with you that it doesn't damage the logic of my argument :)

You're right. For some reason I was thinking it was the day of because I know it was before they were 100% certain Asplund would still be there. Shockingly, however, I agree with you that it doesn't damage the logic of my argument :)

Bunker logic maybe???

You're just jealous the validity of your denial can't hold a candle to the validity of my bunker :P

Be careful, with all your new additions to the club, the expansion costs could go thru the grass line. Maybe you could take a lesson from the Sabres and do Dynamic Bunker admission prices, Bogo $5, DD $15, Franson $50???

Be careful, with all your new additions to the club, the expansion costs could go thru the grass line. Maybe you could take a lesson from the Sabres and do Dynamic Bunker admission prices, Bogo $5, DD $15, Franson $50???

I'm sold :lol: :lol:

If we win tonight for #4 in a row, pretty sure Bylsma Bunker rooms will be nearly free.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.