Evander Kane arrested on misdemeanor charge for June nightclub incident

Hoss

It's no big secret that you're the most partial and biased person on this board when it comes to social issues.THAT is an opinion.

Vogl shouldn't imply that Kane is delirious because FACTS AREN'T COMPLETELY KNOWN YET. Not sure why that is so difficult to comprehend. 

So is it no big secret or is it your opinion? :p

Again, you're not addressing what Vogl actually said. It doesn't matter what happened. It doesn't matter if Kane is the victim of two separate schemes to take advantage of him in this conversation.

Let's have a separate examples because it's no big secret that I'm the biggest fan of using examples/hypotheticals to clarify my point on this board when it comes to ANY ISSUE (gotcha, N'eo ;) ).

I kick the same wall and break my foot twice.

Later a reporter asks "do you think it's alarming that you found yourself in that same situation twice?"

I respond: "Ya know, this is happening a lot. It happens to my family and you can look around at other households with walls and see people finding themselves in these situation."

Reporter: "But don't you think it's the extreme minority that finds themselves kicking walls and breaking their feet?"

Me: "I don't have the numbers so I can't comment."

If a reporter addresses what I just said as delusional are they making a statement about the original action of kicking the wall and breaking my foot? No. They're addressing my lack of ability to grasp how common (or uncommon) it is for these occurrences.

You can make a statement on an aspect of a situation without making a statement on the whole situation.

So is it no big secret or is it your opinion? :P

Again, you're not addressing what Vogl actually said. It doesn't matter what happened. It doesn't matter if Kane is the victim of two separate schemes to take advantage of him in this conversation.

Let's have a separate examples because it's no big secret that I'm the biggest fan of using examples/hypotheticals to clarify my point on this board when it comes to ANY ISSUE (gotcha, N'eo ;) ).

I kick the same wall and break my foot twice.

Later a reporter asks "do you think it's alarming that you found yourself in that same situation twice?"

I respond: "Ya know, this is happening a lot. It happens to my family and you can look around at other households with walls and see people finding themselves in these situation."

Reporter: "But don't you think it's the extreme minority that finds themselves kicking walls and breaking their feet?"

Me: "I don't have the numbers so I can't comment."

If a reporter addresses what I just said as delusional are they making a statement about the original action of kicking the wall and breaking my foot? No. They're addressing my lack of ability to grasp how common (or uncommon) it is for these occurrences.

You can make a statement on an aspect of a situation without making a statement on the whole situation.

There is another major flaw in your logic............... you have concrete evidence............... of a broken foot.

I don't know what else to tell you. It's elementary logic. 

There is another major flaw in your logic............... you have concrete evidence............... of a broken foot.

I don't know what else to tell you. It's elementary logic. 

I thought you were making a pun about concrete walls and was very disappointed. :(

I'm done here. I am fine with the understanding that Vogl did and is allowed to address one aspect of the entire situation without making a statement on its entirety.

I also think Bill Belichick has a terrible sense of style but is a great coach.

I thought you were making a pun about concrete walls and was very disappointed. :(

I'm done here. I am fine with the understanding that Vogl did and is allowed to address one aspect of the entire situation without making a statement on its entirety.

I also think Bill Belichick has a terrible sense of style but is a great coach.

I was going to say 'no pun intended'............ but you didn't specifically state the wall you kicked was concrete. I didn't want to assume without knowing the facts.  :angel:

• 1 month later...

So does anyone have any info on what happened, including with the alleged video?

My guess is he got into an argument that turned into a scuffle with a bunch of late-night semi-wasted dirtbags who thought they might be able to gouge some cash out of the situation.

Good thing they smeared him as someone who assaults women and made him do the perp walk though, right?

IDK man, I don't know anything about NASCAR.

LOL!

So does anyone have any info on what happened, including with the alleged video?

My guess is he got into an argument that turned into a scuffle with a bunch of late-night semi-wasted dirtbags who thought they might be able to gouge some cash out of the situation.

Good thing they smeared him as someone who assaults women and made him do the perp walk though, right?

Well, he must be guilty. He is single, rich and black. 

If you run for president it's okay.

This is not surprising. Bar fights don't generally make for criminal prosecutions.

Also, there's the possibility that the complainant(s) ceased cooperating.

Good for him.

On some levels, sure. On others, maybe not.

Someone (mot me (?)) had posited the theory that the Sabres FO wanted the perp walk (and that was maybe why it went down that way). It was a wacky theory. And yet....

I wonder him many posters are disappointed about the charges being dropped.

I was as fed up and angry with Kane as anyone around here in the wake of all this stuff.

But dismissal of the charges is very much a *meh* for me. I have found far more disappointment in the kind of hockey player he is (and the sort of talent evaluator it suggests GM TM is).

So your guess is fine, but others can't guess? I'd say everyone involved was a semi-wasted dirtbag.

I'm no lawyer, but dismissal not does equal innocence.

So his value in a trade goes up again right ?

I had said somewhere if the charges turned out to be baseless I'd be the first to admit I was wrong about him. Sorry Evander but you know...things didn't look good.

I hope he comes back healed and with something to prove.

I'd say everyone involved was a semi-wasted dirtbag.

QFT.

I had said somewhere if the charges turned out to be baseless I'd be the first to admit I was wrong about him. Sorry Evander but you know...things didn't look good.

Baseless is a possible inference. 

A better one, in my view: The whole thing was a clusterfunked muddle of impaired stupidity. With Kane right in the middle of it. That probably doesn't make for a workable criminal prosecution - especially when you're dealing with a skilled defense attorney - but it doesn't result in exoneration either.

A question I continue to have: There was a presumably sober bouncer who signed an accusing instrument as well. I wonder what his story was: Love interest of one of the ladies who was in the middle of the fracas?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.