Evander Kane arrested on misdemeanor charge for June nightclub incident

Hoss

When did I ever condemn Patrick? Go find some posts that show that.

You're not worth my time. If a credible poster that was active in that thread wants to tell me I'm not remembering it correctly than I'll acknowledge it, but that's how I remember it.

Nope, this ^

Again, I was joking. But I get it, millennials have to be offended, it's what you do.

You're not worth my time. If a credible poster that was active in that thread wants to tell me I'm not remembering it correctly than I'll acknowledge it, but that's how I remember it.

Well in that case. 

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23551-patrick-kane-updated-da-decides-not-to-prosecute-nhl-determines-claims-unfounded/?p=718833

Edited by LGR4GM

Again, I was joking. But I get it, millennials have to be offended, it's what you do.

I really don't think offense is purely the domain of millennials.

I'm surprised you took the bait

On a serious note though, Dark giving PK the benefit of the doubt? I'm calling ###### on that one. The way I remember it is he was with Liger at the front of the lynch mob (to any black posters we may have, please don't be offended by use of the word lynch, I mean no disrespect #kennywalker).

Look up all of my posts in the Patrick Kane thread. I was one of the few and first posters advocating that Patrick be presumed innocent and that the accusation against him be taken seriously. I was in no way a member of "the lynch mob". 

1.  WTF is going on in here?

2. Did we not learn our lesson nine months ago?

1. There is further cause for being fed the up with Evander Kane, and a lively discussion has ensued. (ICYMI: I've long ago separated my personal antipathy for that guy from the machinations of the criminal justice system. I don't need a jury of his peers to pass judgment before I conclude that he is a colossal arsehole.)

2. What lesson would that be? I'm not sure it applies.

Look up all of my posts in the Patrick Kane thread. I was one of the few and first posters advocating that Patrick be presumed innocent and that the accusation against him be taken seriously. I was in no way a member of "the lynch mob".

If this is the case than I sincerely apologize to you sir.

Sure. I mean, if he's a scumbag, my hope was that these court proceedings would bear that out as fact. I don't really want to actively label the guy a scumbag. I didn't want that to be my conclusion to draw. 

But if I'm sitting here and I agree with Chris Brown, but I also don't want the public to know that, then maybe I keep it to myself? 

Caring for how people see you is important if you want to be in the public eye and not get hassled. Evander is clearly careless about what he does in public, and the evidence continues to mount that he is, in fact, a scumbag, and not just "some kid with some growing up to do" as has been previously posited. 

I'm annoyed that Evander proved my judgment (or lack of presumptive judgment) wrong. Like being a lawyer with a client who doesn't know when to shut up. 

Chris Brown is a verified scumbag. If Evander wants to publicly align himself with him, well....

I guess I remain a little fuzzy on where you are, where you've been with your view(s) of E. Kane. Which is fine.

I'm surprised you took the bait

Huh?

It was indeed a bonehead move by Kane, although not necessarily a sociopathic or misogynistic one IMHO.

Probably not the former, but I'm comfortable saying it's indicative of the latter.

1. There is further cause for being fed the ###### up with Evander Kane, and a lively discussion has ensued. (ICYMI: I've long ago separated my personal antipathy for that guy from the machinations of the criminal justice system. I don't need a jury of his peers to pass judgment before I conclude that he is a colossal arsehole.)

2. What lesson would that be? I'm not sure it applies.

I mean, if EK didn't do anything, and if he's upvoting or liking or whatever posts by another guy who says he didn't do anything, couldn't that just be a statement of "see what I go through?" or something similar?

I do agree that he is a colossal douchebag.

But they do their utmost to try and corner the market.  :angel:

My generation was the same way.  They made "PCU" about it.

I guess I remain a little fuzzy on where you are, where you've been with your view(s) of E. Kane.

I've previously attempted to give him some benefit of the doubt that he's just immature and that his reputation causes people to see him as someone that could be easy to accuse of things.

I also defended him when he was made to be arrested in public for his most recent incident.

But I'm now forced to consider that benefit of the doubt here as not something I can extend. Chris Brown is someone I have a major problem with. I can't ignore the probable thought process involved in finding common ground with Chris Brown. I can't go there. It's a major red flag to me.

I won't be accusing Kane, but I'm not going to attempt to defend him anymore either.

I've previously attempted to give him some benefit of the doubt that he's just immature and that his reputation causes people to see him as someone that could be easy to accuse of things.

I also defended him when he was made to be arrested in public for his most recent incident.

But I'm now forced to consider that benefit of the doubt here as not something I can extend. Chris Brown is someone I have a major problem with. I can't ignore the probable thought process involved in finding common ground with Chris Brown. I can't go there. It's a major red flag to me.

I won't be accusing Kane, but I'm not going to attempt to defend him anymore either.

I concur with this thought process. 

I mean, if EK didn't do anything, and if he's upvoting or liking or whatever posts by another guy who says he didn't do anything, couldn't that just be a statement of "see what I go through?" or something similar?

Well, that's the catch for me: Chris Brown can say whatever he wants right now, but he is a guy who has an established history of beating the crap out of women. Rihanna, most famously.

Which is sort of a shame because I still have a soft spot for this thing (even if it spawned dozens of annoying and far less worthy imitations):

Kudos to that couple, btw, for embedding a link to donate to a cause supporting victims of domestic violence.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I do agree that he is a colossal douchebag

Problem is Brown has previously assaulted women, and it's also questionable that he refused to leave his home for several hours as police stood outside.

My generation was the same way.  They made "PCU" about it.

I never did see that. Any good?

Problem is Brown has previously assaulted women, and it's also questionable that he refused to leave his home for several hours as police stood outside.

I get the nuance with the first point now that you and Aud Smell have explained a bit.  With the second, he made them get a warrant.  I have no problem with that whatsoever.

I never did see that. Any good?

Meh.

Edited by Eleven

This is what I was thinking too -- and the boneheadedness lies in him not realizing that CB is a terrible person to align himself with.

This is what I was thinking too -- and the boneheadedness lies in him not realizing that CB is a terrible person to align himself with.

It's not nearly so benign, imo.

I'd argue that Evander Kane knows precisely who Chris Brown is, and is further aware that Chris Brown twice turned Rihanna's face into a puffy pulp.

And I'd further infer that Evander is unperturbed by being aligned with Chris Brown, since, you know, Chris Brown has been so mistreated and unfairly maligned by the media and such.

It's not nearly so benign, imo.

I'd argue that Evander Kane knows precisely who Chris Brown is, and is further aware that Chris Brown twice turned Rihanna's face into a puffy pulp.And I'd further infer that Evander is unperturbed by being aligned with Chris Brown, since, you know, Chris Brown has been so mistreated and unfairly maligned by the media and such.

Or he's just trolling as hard as he possibly can.

Evander Kane liked three photos on Instagram this morning and all three were posts claiming that Chris Brown is being framed. Chris Brown was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon after he allegedly pulled a gun on a girl. There was swat and all outside of his house.

Chris Brown was also previously accused of beating the ###### out of Rihanna (with photographic evidence that'll make you cringe).

This kid is a ###### idiot.

I'm not on Instagram. Did he like three photos or three posts?

Or he's just trolling as hard as he possibly can.

Not a bad thought. Anyone remember the BB&G they did on the parents trip? Mr. Kane was sitting down front all alone. Maybe at least two of the Kane men are a little... misanthropic, for lack of a better word?

He's not stupid. 

Yes. He is. Brutally so.

Do you honestly take the Vegas photos as serious?

I'm not even sure what you're talking about. The stacks of money and such? 

Right. Those are the actions of someone with a sophisticated sense of humour and irony, and not those of a dude-i-clown-so-hard-bruh douchebag.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.