Evander Kane arrested on misdemeanor charge for June nightclub incident

Hoss

Thanks, Eleven.

LGR, I think you're about 6 misplaced inferences away from where I was or was trying to be. But it is a bit of a powder keg subject, I realize.

We're asking whether there are other potential contributory factors for Kane having trouble here, but not elsewhere.

Thanks, Eleven.

LGR, I think you're about 6 misplaced inferences away from where I was or was trying to be. But it is a bit of a powder keg subject, I realize.

We're asking whether there are other potential contributory factors for Kane having trouble here, but not elsewhere.

Yea, the women here are reporting his behavior, whatever that behavior may be as inappropriate. Either they are lying outright or some type of behavior Kane did was rebuked.  

Culturally speaking how women act is different depending on where you are. There is a reason my GF is not a southern girl but a WNY'er. In some places guys being physical or handsy while frowned upon is just "how guys are". In other places the reaction "excuse me I am full grown women so get your stinking hands off."  I think part of it is cultural. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Or maybe there's a small but active pool of puck bunnies here that have led E Kane to develop some misconceptions that he didn't harbour elsewhere.

I am just spitballing.

That's fine but I think that doesn't jive. Why wouldn't there be puck bunnies elsewhere? Why wouldn't he have found them in Atlanta or Winnipeg? Winnipeg was a city so rabid for hockey they literally got a team brought back to them. 

I am not sure what you mean by misconception. Please explain. 

That's fine but I think that doesn't jive. Why wouldn't there be puck bunnies elsewhere? Why wouldn't he have found them in Atlanta or Winnipeg? Winnipeg was a city so rabid for hockey they literally got a team brought back to them. 

Atlanta doesn't pay attention to hockey players and I don't think he was single when he was in Winnipeg, but not sure.

Atlanta doesn't pay attention to hockey players and I don't think he was single when he was in Winnipeg, but not sure.

Atlanta is a city of transplants and a city of 8million people, I find it hard to believe that there were no ladies in Atlanta that would be into a hot young hockey player. 

He was dating someone in Winnipeg off and on and there were numerous stories that they cheated on each other so I don't think that would have stopped him much. 

Atlanta is a city of transplants and a city of 8million people, I find it hard to believe that there were no ladies in Atlanta that would be into a hot young hockey player. 

He was dating someone in Winnipeg off and on and there were numerous stories that they cheated on each other so I don't think that would have stopped him much. 

Well, I lived in a city of 6 million people that was also filled with transplants, and I'm going to tell you that the women there couldn't tell Peter Bondra from Peter Fonda.

Kane is innocent until proven guilty.

The women are telling the truth until proven to be lying. 

Both statements are true.

Well, I lived in a city of 6 million people that was also filled with transplants, and I'm going to tell you that the women there couldn't tell Peter Bondra from Peter Fonda.

I guess I just don't want this to turn into "well Buffalo has puck bunnies and they are the reason for his behavior" (if his behavior was inappropriate). 

Kane is innocent until proven guilty.

The women are telling the truth until proven to be lying. 

Both statements are true.

I guess I just don't want this to turn into "well Buffalo has puck bunnies and they are the reason for his behavior" (if his behavior was inappropriate). 

All places have "groupies" of both genders. I think a place like Buffalo is a bit more accessible than some other cities. It would take a small miracle, money, a pedigree of sorts and changing my entire look to even hope to get into the sort of establishment in NYC where a Rangers player would be hanging out. But Buffalo, I strolled into Bottoms Up a couple weekends ago on a busy night no problem. Honestly, I've never gone clubbing in a big city quite like Buffalo before- super casual, lots of mingling. A lot easier to run into people. 

What a touchy subject- I feel like no matter what I say I'm going to somehow put across the wrong point. 

I don't have answers to any of your questions. I'm allowing for the possibility that ATL and the Peg, for differing reasons, may not have the scene that Buffalo does when it comes to women who turn out at bars frequented by hockey players.

As for my allusion to misconceptions, I'm not sure what to tell you. "The wrong idea" is a phrase used a lot when it comes to what some guys think a woman is offering or up for. I dislike that phrase though because it's usually in the context of a woman *giving* a guy the wrong idea. I see it more as a guy *developing* wrong ideas.

All places have "groupies" of both genders. I think a place like Buffalo is a bit more accessible than some other cities. It would take a small miracle, money, a pedigree of sorts and changing my entire look to even hope to get into the sort of establishment in NYC where a Rangers player would be hanging out. But Buffalo, I strolled into Bottoms Up a couple weekends ago on a busy night no problem. Honestly, I've never gone clubbing in a big city quite like Buffalo before- super casual, lots of mingling. A lot easier to run into people. 

What a touchy subject- I feel like no matter what I say I'm going to somehow put across the wrong point. 

I understand what you are saying. 

I don't have answers to any of your questions. I'm allowing for the possibility that ATL and the Peg, for differing reasons, may not have the scene that Buffalo does when it comes to women who turn out at bars frequented by hockey players.

As for my allusion to misconceptions, I'm not sure what to tell you. "The wrong idea" is a phrase used a lot when it comes to what some guys think a woman is offering or up for. I dislike that phrase though because it's usually in the context of a woman *giving* a guy the wrong idea. I see it more as a guy *developing* wrong ideas.

I think the reason I don't buy "the scene" of Buffalo is that tons of other hockey players are here and go out and aren't having issues. I suppose the idea that ease of access to these guys and then mixed with their own attitudes could be leading to problems. 

+++

Good on ya, Josie. Tricky indeed.

I think the reason I don't buy "the scene" of Buffalo is that tons of other hockey players are here and go out and aren't having issues. I suppose the idea that ease of access to these guys and then mixed with their own attitudes could be leading to problems.

Again. The inquiry is what changed for Evander such that he's having issues In Buffalo that he didn't have elsewhere.

I'm not sure whether the absence of issues for other players helps the analysis.

The real problem is obviously Evander. The question is: What changed?

Edited by That Aud Smell

+++

Good on ya, Josie. Tricky indeed.

Again. The inquiry is what changed for Evander such that he's having issues In Buffalo that he didn't have elsewhere.

I'm not sure whether the absence of issues for other players helps the analysis.

I think what changed, if he is guilty (just trying to be fair), is that he is older and is in that middle twenties party mode. He's been hot s#!t for 6 years and maybe the girls in Buffalo are different in that they don't want to be manhandled or they don't just want to go home with him because he's a player. Again this assumes he did those things but for this discussion I think you have to for it to really produce and sound ideas. 

Big fish, little pond maybe?

My theory on what changed: He's incrementally been transforming into something of a monster. There's still time for him to rehabilitate himself. He may need to get into treatment of some kind.

This is also possible. As he matured and learned how to "handle the bar scene" he got more aggressive and confident in his approach and now he assumes all the women he wants, want him. This is something I have seen in other males while out. Is this the case? Idk but it would make some sense. 

He wasn't single when the December incident happened, either.

Or when the Bottoms Up incident happened.

Edited by Hoss

Respectfully, the answers to these 2 items could easily be "nothing changed for Evander other than running into a couple of skanky scammers" and "the real problem is the 2 skanky scammers he ran into."

I think the real answers are that these are not the inquiry, nor the real problem.  The inquiry is "what happened" and the real problem is "we don't know and yet we speculate based on a the highly tenuous assumption that we do know."

Respectfully, the answers to these 2 items could easily be "nothing changed for Evander other than running into a couple of skanky scammers" and "the real problem is the 2 skanky scammers he ran into."

I think the real answers are that these are not the inquiry, nor the real problem. The inquiry is "what happened" and the real problem is "we don't know and yet we speculate based on a the highly tenuous assumption that we do know."

"Skanky scammers"?

I think the real answers are that these are not the inquiry, nor the real problem. The inquiry is "what happened" and the real problem is "we don't know and yet we speculate based on a the highly tenuous assumption that we do know."

Easily?

Yeah. Not so much, imo.

Evander is the problem, imo. But he didn't have these specific kinds of problems before coming to Buffalo.

Easily?

Yeah. Not so much, imo.

Evander is the problem, imo. But he didn't have these specific kinds of problems before coming to Buffalo.

I think that if Evander is the problem than he did have these specific kinds of issues before Buffalo. You don't suddenly become violent towards women. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.