Evander Kane arrested on misdemeanor charge for June nightclub incident

Hoss

I'm not on Instagram. Did he like three photos or three posts?

Not a bad thought. Anyone remember the BB&G they did on the parents trip? Mr. Kane was sitting down front all alone. Maybe at least two of the Kane men are a little... misanthropic, for lack of a better word?

I am on Instagram, and I didn't see it. Then again, I didn't look real hard. 

And THAT's only possible if you have an instagram account.  So I have no idea what stuff he actually "liked."

FWIW

post-760-0-24072500-1472676145_thumb.png

post-760-0-30635500-1472676156_thumb.png

post-760-0-39337400-1472676170_thumb.png

I'm not really sure what the posts themselves add to the analysis.

That is to say: My issue was tied strictly to the fact that EK - given his current circumstances - elected to express support and sympathy for Chris Brown.

I am on Instagram, and I didn't see it. Then again, I didn't look real hard.

Neither did it. It was the very first thing in my feed when looking at what people I follow liked or followed.

It was three photos, but on Instagram three photos = three posts, to be clear.

FWIW

attachicon.gifimage1.PNG

attachicon.gifimage2.PNG

attachicon.gifimage3.PNG

I'm not really sure what the posts themselves add to the analysis.

That is to say: My issue was tied strictly to the fact that EK - given his current circumstances - elected to express support and sympathy for Chris Brown.

Does clicking a like icon on Instagram posts that feature Chris Brown expressly present support and sympathy for any and all actions relating to Chris Brown that may or may not be the direct subject of the posts in question? There is a fair amount of inference taking place in this situation.

I also don't subscribe to the idea that one has some sort of responsibility to "act guilty" when they have been accused of something. I'm not in any way condoning any sort of action even vaguely similar to what Kane is accused of. Just saying that I'm not going to judge non-criminal social media habits he partakes in, in a general sense.

Short of expressly promoting hate or injustice on social media, for example. Clicking a like icon can mean a lot of things.

Does clicking a like icon on Instagram posts that feature Chris Brown expressly present support and sympathy for any and all actions relating to Chris Brown that may or may not be the direct subject of the posts in question? There is a fair amount of inference taking place in this situation.

I also don't subscribe to the idea that one has some sort of responsibility to "act guilty" when they have been accused of something. I'm not in any way condoning any sort of action even vaguely similar to what Kane is accused of. Just saying that I'm not going to judge non-criminal social media habits he partakes in, in a general sense.

Yes and no. Without looking at the posts in this example, I will say that I personally infer that if someone likes something I assume they at least agree with the statement. If someone likes some meme about it wasn't Tom Brady's fault and he shouldn't be suspendded, for example, I infer they support that position (right before I block them).

Short of expressly promoting hate or injustice on social media, for example. Clicking a like icon can mean a lot of things.

I would Like this post if I could.

I'm not even sure what you're talking about. The stacks of money and such? 

Right. Those are the actions of someone with a sophisticated sense of humour and irony, and not those of a dude-i-clown-so-hard-bruh douchebag.

Yeah, the money shots. The issue wasn't the sophistication of Evander's humor, but whether he could be clever or "meta." Clever or meta enough to like some posts on Instagram and know that it would drive some people nuts? Absolutely.

Yeah, the money shots. The issue wasn't the sophistication of Evander's humor, but whether he could be clever or "meta." Clever or meta enough to like some posts on Instagram and know that it would drive some people nuts? Absolutely.

Ah, okay. Trolling.

Yes - arsehole idiot DBs can troll.

I was mistaken if I suggested otherwise.

But, to your original point, that doesn't make them "smart." Far from it, I'd say. Nor does it make thtem clever or meta. It makes them trolls.

There is a fair amount of inference taking place in this situation.

Dern skippy there is.

Just saying that I'm not going to judge non-criminal social media habits he partakes in.

Just wait til he unleashes his criminal social media habits. Then it'll be too late.

a like icon can mean a lot of things.

Maybe. Primarily, I think it means you like the content.

Or maybe <3 it. Love it?

I guess that's why Facebook went with differentiated reaction emojis.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Certainly. Nobody is saying he doesn't. We also have the right to think he's a farkin douchenozzle for the decision to do so.

Agreed. This is all obviously very subjective. Social Media activity and Objectivity is, to use the proper, derived from Latin phrase: Jumbo Shrimp.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.