Evander Kane arrested on misdemeanor charge for June nightclub incident

Hoss

Why do we need a LW?

Because the other 2/3 of our top 6 looks great.

I would argue that RW is at least equally problematic. Okposo, Gionta, crickets...

Edited to add: this should probably read Okposo, crickets, Gionta...but you get my meaning.

I think the RW in our top 6 looks really good. We have Okposo, a top scoring RW in his prime, and Reinhart. He's playing RW as of now. Okposo and Reinhart makes a darn solid top 6 RW tandem if you ask me. Then obviously at centre we have ROR and Jack. I'm quite confident this much of our top 6 is penciled in solidly:

X - ROR - Okposo

X - Eichel - Reinhart

Also keeping in mind we have Fasching and Bailey coming on the right side as well. Our current LW is a whole lot of uncertainty. But not only do I not see RW as problematic, I see it as a strength.

Edited by Thorny

Is Okposo, Kane, Reinhart, Ennis, Girgensons, Gionta, Foligno, DEslauriers and Moulson really worse than:

Marchand, Belesky, Pastrnak, Hayes, Vatrano, Nash...?

Zetterberg, Nyqvist, Tatar, Abdelkader, Vanek, Helm, Pulkkinen, Jurco and Miller

Jagr, Huberdeau, Smith, Jokinen, Sceviour, McCann, Shaw and Thornton

Pacioretty, Gallagher, Radulov, Mitchell, Danault, Flynn, Andrighetto,Farnham and Byron

Ryan, Hoffman, Stone, MacArthur, Lazar, Dzingel, Neil and Paul

Van Reimsdyk, Michalek, Komarov, Marner, Lupul, Martin, Shoshkinov, Hyman, Brown

I mean, we're no Tampa, but I think we stack up just fine against the rest of the division.

Edited by dudacek

Is Okposo, Kane, Reinhart, Ennis, Girgensons, Gionta, Foligno, DEslauriers and Moulson really worse than:

Marchand, Belesky, Pastrnak, Hayes, Vatrano, Nash...?

Zetterberg, Nyqvist, Tatar, Abdelkader, Vanek, Helm, Pulkkinen, Jurco and Miller

Jagr, Huberdeau, Smith, Jokinen, Sceviour, McCann, Shaw and Thornton

Pacioretty, Gallagher, Radulov, Mitchell, Danault, Flynn, Andrighetto,Farnham and Byron

Ryan, Hoffman, Stone, MacArthur, Lazar, Dzingel, Neil and Paul

Van Reimsdyk, Michalek, Komarov, Marner, Lupul, Martin, Shoshkinov, Hyman, Brown

I mean, we're no Tampa, but I think we stack up just fine against the rest of the division.

I do like our wingers well enough as is (particularly on the right), but with how good I think the Centre and Right Wing is in our top 6, I'd love to address the uncertainty on the left, rather than having to rely on both Kane and Ennis working out solidly for us.

If we have to, so be it, but stick Rick Nash on Eichel's left side, and I'm thinking playoffs are a near certainty.

... yea, I'm walking away I disagree about the view of the left.

I don't think it's a poor left side, but very much up in the air. Whereas the rest of the ranks are, as I mentioned, in my mind, very solid. Are the odds good that BOTH Kane and Ennis work out well for us this season? I don't think so, so I'd like to add. We are much more solid at centre and RW.

But perhaps you can't have a completely balanced roster.

This thread just isn't doing it for me, maybe it's a Vesey thread hangover.

Anywho, when is Kane's trial? Will it even go to trial? I'm betting not. Seems like too many conflicting reports to convict him of anything.

Even if it doesnt go to trial can he be suspended by the league?

Where is Kane spending his offseason ? Vancouver ? Hanging out at the Roxy or laying low ? You would think his hometown and the place he grew up would have more distractions than the city of Buffalo. Hopefully he's working his asss off in the gym trying to be a difference maker and prove everyone wrong much like the other Kane did last season.

• 2 weeks later...

Evander Kane liked three photos on Instagram this morning and all three were posts claiming that Chris Brown is being framed. Chris Brown was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon after he allegedly pulled a gun on a girl. There was swat and all outside of his house.

Chris Brown was also previously accused of beating the out of Rihanna (with photographic evidence that'll make you cringe).

This kid is a idiot.

Evander Kane liked three photos on Instagram this morning and all three were posts claiming that Chris Brown is being framed. Chris Brown was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon after he allegedly pulled a gun on a girl. There was swat and all outside of his house.

Chris Brown was also previously accused of beating the ###### out of Rihanna (with photographic evidence that'll make you cringe).

This kid is a ###### idiot.

How can that be determined?

Never mind. Got it. Blechk.

Seriously. How stupid can a guy be?

Best I can tell: E. Kane is incorrigibly, irretrievably stupid.

How can that be determined?

Never mind. Got it. Blechk.

Seriously. How ###### stupid can a guy be?

Best I can tell: E. Kane is incorrigibly, irretrievably stupid.

This is more annoying to me than any of the alleged incidents. All he has to do here to not be a jerk is not like stupid on the internet. That's totally under his control! 

Guy is flushing his reputation, and probably his career, down the toilet. 

This is more annoying to me than any of the alleged incidents. All he has to do here to not be a jerk is not like stupid ###### on the internet. That's totally under his control!

He can't be gone fast enough

This is more annoying to me than any of the alleged incidents. All he has to do here to not be a jerk is not like stupid ###### on the internet. That's totally under his control!

Hmm.

Do you really mean that all he has to do in order not to come off as a bad guy is not like stupid stuff on the internet?

Because if he looked at the Chris Brown posts, and sagely nodded in agreement without leaving a digital trace, he'd be the same bad guy for the same reason.

Are you more annoyed by his inability to mask his awfulness than by his awfulness itself?

Hmm.

Do you really mean that all he has to do in order not to come off as a bad guy is not like stupid stuff on the internet?

Because if he looked at the Chris Brown posts, and sagely nodded in agreement without leaving a digital trace, he'd be the same bad guy for the same reason.

Are you more annoyed by his inability to mask his awfulness than by his awfulness itself?

Come on, I think we should all know d4rk well enough by now. The "come off as" was clearly implied.

Come on, I think we should all know d4rk well enough by now. The "come off as" was clearly implied.

He's a big boy and doesn't need you to stand up for him.

The observation that the "liking" of internet content was totally under his control is maybe what prompted the question.

Because you know what may not really be under his* control? The fact that he's a fundamentally awful person.

* Kane's.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Hmm.

Sure. I mean, we all know a lot of athletes are awful. Shoot, most of the people we all know are probably secretly (or not so secretly) awful in some way. 

When you're a public figure, your public life is on display and subject to constant scrutiny. 

If he's a scumbag, you'd think he'd be smart enough to act in such a way as to have people give him some benefit of the doubt. 

But he's a scumbag AND a moron. Which makes those of us who wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt look like fools. 

Sometimes it's the small things that tip the scales. I've been hesitant to completely condemn Evander, just like I was hesitant to condemn the other Kane during his rape investigation (which was the correct move as it turns out). It appears that in this instance though my hesitation was undeserved. 

Sure. I mean, we all know a lot of athletes are awful. Shoot, most of the people we all know are probably secretly (or not so secretly) awful in some way. 

When you're a public figure, your public life is on display and subject to constant scrutiny. 

If he's a scumbag, you'd think he'd be smart enough to act in such a way as to have people give him some benefit of the doubt. 

But he's a scumbag AND a moron. Which makes those of us who wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt look like fools. 

Sometimes it's the small things that tip the scales. I've been hesitant to completely condemn Evander, just like I was hesitant to condemn the other Kane during his rape investigation (which was the correct move as it turns out). It appears that in this instance though my hesitation was undeserved. 

There's a lot in there, but I hafta log off for a bit.

For present purposes: The scumbag routine did not tip the scales, the being a moron about it did? And the fact that you feel like you're being made to look foolish for giving him the benefit of the doubt -- also a scale tipper?

I'm going to file this under millennials needing to find something to be offended about.

Hashtag who gives a ######. I know, I know, all sex is rape, blah, blah, blah...

my fat 40-something ass should prevent that attempt to so file this.

when one of my favourite team's top players is dealing with a variety of allegations that he mistreats and abuses women, and he then publicly expresses support for another celebrity who has infamously abused women and is now being accused of doing so again -- that's a frickin' problem.

For present purposes: The scumbag routine did not tip the scales, the being a moron about it did? And the fact that you feel like you're being made to look foolish for giving him the benefit of the doubt -- also a scale tipper?

Sure. I mean, if he's a scumbag, my hope was that these court proceedings would bear that out as fact. I don't really want to actively label the guy a scumbag. I didn't want that to be my conclusion to draw. 

But if I'm sitting here and I agree with Chris Brown, but I also don't want the public to know that, then maybe I keep it to myself? 

Caring for how people see you is important if you want to be in the public eye and not get hassled. Evander is clearly careless about what he does in public, and the evidence continues to mount that he is, in fact, a scumbag, and not just "some kid with some growing up to do" as has been previously posited. 

I'm annoyed that Evander proved my judgment (or lack of presumptive judgment) wrong. Like being a lawyer with a client who doesn't know when to shut up. 

Chris Brown is a verified scumbag. If Evander wants to publicly align himself with him, well....

my fat 40-something ass should prevent that attempt to so file this.

when one of my favourite team's top players is dealing with a variety of allegations that he mistreats and abuses women, and he then publicly expresses support for another celebrity who has infamously abused women and is now being accused of doing so again -- that's a frickin' problem.

I'm surprised you took the bait

On a serious note though, Dark giving PK the benefit of the doubt? I'm calling on that one. The way I remember it is he was with Liger at the front of the lynch mob (to any black posters we may have, please don't be offended by use of the word lynch, I mean no disrespect #kennywalker).

I'm surprised you took the bait

On a serious note though, Dark giving PK the benefit of the doubt? I'm calling ###### on that one. The way I remember it is he was with Liger at the front of the lynch mob (to any black posters we may have, please don't be offended by use of the word lynch, I mean no disrespect #kennywalker).

When did I ever condemn Patrick? Go find some posts that show that.

Hank, you're the worst.

Because I trolled about a hockey players "like"? Because I called horseshit on dark? Or because I made a subtle reference about the rampant racism in the city I grew up in that never gets talked about on this forum? #igivesashitaboutwhatabasementdwellerwhohidesbehindanaliasthinksofmeontheinternet

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.