Evander Kane arrested on misdemeanor charge for June nightclub incident

Hoss

I have to disagree that his on-ice contributions are a mixed bag, but I have a very hard time rooting for him now.  And sports are supposed to be fun, and if I want to root for my favorite team, I want to root for everyone on that team.  

So I'm afraid I want him gone, too.

I get this. Hockey isn't football yet. I couldn't stand Marshawn Lynch after his antics but still root for the Bills.

Separate question. Is hockey becoming football? Drugs, wife beaters, drunks etc. The image isn't quite what it used to be.

I get this. Hockey isn't football yet. I couldn't stand Marshawn Lynch after his antics but still root for the Bills.

Separate question. Is hockey becoming football? Drugs, wife beaters, drunks etc. The image isn't quite what it used to be.

Besides the Porsche accident, what else did Lynch get into?  I can't remember.

And as to the question:   are everywhere and always have been.  We just have access to a lot more information now.

And as to the question:  ###### are everywhere and always have been.  We just have access to a lot more information now.

There was an open bottle he tried to take into a bar. I can't really recall much else.

As best I can recall, it was never claimed that he laid a hand on anybody. And his track record since he left Buffalo has made him one of my very favourite players in the league. Mostly because he sees the big (big) picture and does not willingly allow his team or the league to monetize aspects of his celebrity for their own profit. I frickin' love me some Marshawn. 

Great overview of why I love Lynch right here:

http://theundefeated.com/features/marshawn-lynch-oakland-beast-mode/

Edited by That Aud Smell

The drunk thing is more hockey than football.  Tim Horton anyone?

Hit and Run, and then gun charge. http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3909366

Right, right.

Was that from the incident where he banged someone with his vehicle and left the scene?

Edit: Ah, separate incidents, I see. Anyway: Lynch obviously did some dumb sh1t and comes from an area where complications tend to arise (e.g., keeping a gun in his vehicle for security reasons, I'm inferring). But, IMO, Lynch has always been a good egg with a big heart. Evander? I don't get that sense - at all.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Yeah unfortunately we seem to be at the center in Buffalo with 2x Kane and O'Reilly.

On NFL, for me it was Ray Lewis.  Dude was an inch away from a murder charge, but NFL marches on with him as cover boy.  They ask us to discard our values and enjoy the entertainment / athleticism blindly. I think we need to draw a line, and violent crime is a good place to do so. Lynch hit/run was bad, but he's grown on me as apparently a good dude who made a couple of bad decisions.   

Yeah unfortunately we seem to be at the center in Buffalo with 2x Kane and O'Reilly.

On NFL, for me it was Ray Lewis.  Dude was an inch away from a murder charge, but NFL marches on with him as cover boy.  They ask us to discard our values and enjoy the entertainment / athleticism blindly. I think we need to draw a line, and violent crime is a good place to do so. Lynch hit/run was bad, but he's grown on me as apparently a good dude who made a couple of bad decisions.   

Agreed on Lynch.

The Ray Lewis stuff happened during a time of my life when I was very much overwhelmed and not keeping up with news of any sort.

And as to the question:  ###### are everywhere and always have been.  We just have access to a lot more information now.

It might be apocryphal, but Roby claims to have jammed a pen through the cheek of an autograph-seeker who had called him "hatchet face." Wonder how that would have played out with bystanders recording the whole thing today.

First Dudacek, then Smell, then a host of others, have drawn a line I can see in the shifting wind and sand that is Mr. Kane. I have no idea what he's guilty and/or innocent of. I'm gratedul to the system and experts that together sort these matters out. I'll read and learn everyday.

I do know I'm not a fan of Kane as a Buffalo Sabre. That speaks as loudly of me as it does of him, whether good, bad or indifferent.

I hope all find justice and peace.

I have a memory of the Knox family as patrician, proud and not terribly forceful. I wonder how this plays out under the team's original ownership. Musing about a different world, indeed.

Edited by N'eo

Right, right.

Was that from the incident where he banged someone with his vehicle and left the scene?

Edit: Ah, separate incidents, I see. Anyway: Lynch obviously did some dumb sh1t and comes from an area where complications tend to arise (e.g., keeping a gun in his vehicle for security reasons, I'm inferring). But, IMO, Lynch has always been a good egg with a big heart. Evander? I don't get that sense - at all.

Lynch's favorite play was sneaking a bottle of liquor into any one of the Chippewa hangouts he frequented and then ordering soft drinks all night. Team security was always busy with him around.

As someone mentioned bringing his own bottle into a bar, and I know of hanging out at gas stations. The killer for me though that made me give away his jersey was that after hitting the girl on Chip, he ran home and hid in the basement while the cops were knocking at his door. That's some chicken personality right there for a tough guy to have and I lost any respect for him from that.  

I know about horns lol. Saw Ronnie some time about 1984 in Toronto. I hadn't seen the \m/ before though. 

Better get that jersey ordered Beerme1...

Personally have no problem wearing a Jets Jersey around town with Myers name on it and get my money back when I'm done with it. I'd rather never see Kane again. However that's not the way these things work is it? Expect 60 points plus from this, this, asset this year and probably will be here until he's taken for expansion by Vegas.  Hmm, taken in expansion draft isn't part of the bet is it?

Here's something on Kane that occurred to me:  Kane was under a microscope and frequently criticized in Winnipeg.  Yet until the December alleged incident in Buffalo, there were no accusations or even rumors concerning sexual assault.  It seems a bit strange that upon arriving in a new city, having been given a chance at a clean slate, he would turn into a marauding rapist.  Not impossible, of course, but not really logical either.

As for the notion that the accusers in the alleged Bottoms Up incident were of questionable character, while the accuser in the alleged December incident was a "nice girl" -- wasn't there some indication that the 2 alleged incidents were related, and that the accusers knew each other?

My point here is not to defend someone who assaults women -- of course, if that is the case, I want him gone as much as anyone else here does.  My point is just that no one here knows any of the facts, other than (i) the BPD investigated both incidents, dropped one entirely and deemed the other one "non-criminal" and (ii) young athletes are frequently targeted by scammers, including female scammers.

I think that Sabres fans, and posters here, should not be so quick to run him out of town.  We need some facts.

^ Not unfair, nfreeman.

As for the notion that the accusers in the alleged Bottoms Up incident were of questionable character, while the accuser in the alleged December incident was a "nice girl" -- wasn't there some indication that the 2 alleged incidents were related, and that the accusers knew each other?

I saw no such indication. Link?

And I may be the one responsible for saying that the December incident may have involved a good kid (sorry - that's what the person sharing her name was was when I met that person and her family (really more met her parents in connection with youth sports)). I don't intend to put too much behind that. These were brief, superficial meetings. But they seemed like nice people -- the young lady in question definitely came off as a good kid.

I guess the closest we'll come with the bar incident is the video. Think the public will be able to see it?

Eventually, I'd think so.

^ Not unfair, nfreeman.

And I may be the one responsible for saying that the December incident may have involved a good kid (sorry - that's what the person sharing her name was was when I met that person and her family (really more met her parents in connection with youth sports)). I don't intend to put too much behind that. These were brief, superficial meetings. But they seemed like nice people -- the young lady in question definitely came off as a good kid.

I don't have a link, but my memory is in agreement w/ nfreeman's.

nfreeman, we also need some facts about why LaFontaine left. We will never get those. We are never going to get any facts here, either. I guess the closest we'll come with the bar incident is the video. Think the public will be able to see it?

Whether we'll get to see the video is an interesting question.  I would think that if it exonerates Kane, his side will find a way to release it (and, likely, if it indicates guilt, the other side will find a way).

Maybe one of our resident litigators can advise as to whether court proceedings in WNY are televised?

As for PLF -- I agree that we'll probably never know that either (or the facts behind a million other local sports stories for that matter).  I guess the difference is, depending on what you believe about the PLF incident, the worst-case scenario is that someone mistakenly believes that TP is an incompetent meddler, or that PLF is a mercurial and erratic presence in a professional office, or something like that -- but in Kane's case, people could mistakenly believe that someone is a rapist, which is a heckuva thing to think about someone if untrue.

^ Not unfair, nfreeman.

I've got nuttin'.  I think I'm vaguely recollecting something that was posted in this thread.

Also, was the young lady in question definitely related to the accuser?  Or just someone with the same name who may or may not have been related? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.