Evander Kane : Two crime reports filed in nightclub incident

Hoss

The lead paragraph should be studied in journalism schools as a lesson on how not to write a story like that.

That doesn't do much to differentiate this story from most others TBN runs.

Ha.

More seriously, this is just the reality for a dying industry. "Journalism" with a capital "J" is something of an endangered species.

Did I ever get an answer to my question about rhe drinking?

Lot of denial on here about Kane. 

Some of the posters here work for the Sabres so I understand them trying to sweep this under the rug, but I'm surprised at how much fans will cover their eyes and plug their ears for some guy with no connection to the area that gets paid to play here. 

Kane frequents Chippewa because he's a douchebag and he fits in with the other Chippewa douchebags. That's the same reason he gets into these situations. How many Sabres have you seen out at night but never seen them getting into trouble? Why is Kane a magnet for this? 

And Hoss, what girl "panics" after a sexual encounter so loud that it requires the police to be called? Give me a break. Now that I've figured out what the Patrick Kane incident last year really was, I have no respect for the "legal insiders" on this board.

A bit harsh for this board no ?  I think this one of the finest boards you can have and most on here have a good sense of not overreacting. 

As for having people on here working for the sabres, don't think that has any influence on their perspective of things, how many on this board actually work for the sabres, been here for 4 years now and I can't tell.

I blame cocaine for all his problems. I know some guys like him. They act like fine standup citizens until the chili powder hits their nasal cavity. Some guys handle it and have good time, others turn into somebody you dont even recognize and dont know when to stop. Its a known problem in the NHL, and its not going away until the penalties for teating positive become more harsh.

A bit harsh for this board no ?  I think this one of the finest boards you can have and most on here have a good sense of not overreacting. 

As for having people on here working for the sabres, don't think that has any influence on their perspective of things, how many on this board actually work for the sabres, been here for 4 years now and I can't tell.

It's better than most, I'll give you that. 

As for the employees, it's their job to sway public opinion in a positive direction. Those doing their hardest to defend Kane in this thread are your first clue as to who's who. Not all of them, probably. But then again maybe. I think it's fair to say that a reasonable person would be a little annoyed at Kane at this point, not making excuses for him. If posters are exerting a lot of energy in defending him, I'd say it's pretty suspicious. If they are trying to spin this in a positive light, that's even more curious.

So no, it's not OK. These people act as though they are fans, but are employed to influence your opinions. They are not fans and they are not your friends. I'm frankly disgusted by them and they know who they are, and they hate me equally. Many use multiple accounts, and even reply and agree with each other. I saw it a couple times in this thread. I won't call them out in order to avoid a firestorm. But I assure you this is the status quo on every sports board. 

I think I'm going to make it a tradition to come back to this board every time Kane gets in trouble to kick the posters/PR reps who called me racist in the gut a bit. 

Lot of denial on here about Kane. 

Some of the posters here work for the Sabres so I understand them trying to sweep this under the rug, but I'm surprised at how much fans will cover their eyes and plug their ears for some guy with no connection to the area that gets paid to play here. 

Who the ###### are are you and what the ###### you talkin' about?  Here are the only -even remotely- positive comments about Kane before your post:

Or maybe some jerk got in his face, there was a shoving match and someone called the police.  We don't have any information yet -- so can't really draw any conclusions.

Kane seems like the kinda guy that wannabe tough guys would just love to start ###### with. I'm sure he's a dick, with his good looks and his money, but you just know people know he's supposed to be on his best behavior. Who better to have a beef with if you're a nobody? 

I wouldn't sweat it. Kane probably happened to be at a place that someone he didnt like happened to be at and an altercation came of it.

I bet he doesn't get in to much trouble. 

Well I get drunk all the time and I never have crime reports filed against me.

For the record, from somebody that would know, the sexual assault investigation was a complete misunderstanding. The "memory" issues were because the woman feared repercussions of breaking a nondisclosure agreement women must sign for a night with Evander. Neither her nor Evander called the police that night. She panicked in the parking garage and somebody thought she was in danger. She wasn't. He wasn't. By law, the police and hospital initiated an investigation.

So which one of those clowns are you calling an employee?

As for the employees, it's their job to sway public opinion in a positive direction. Those doing their hardest to defend Kane in this thread are your first clue as to who's who. Not all of them, probably. But then again maybe. I think it's fair to say that a reasonable person would be a little annoyed at Kane at this point, not making excuses for him. If posters are exerting a lot of energy in defending him, I'd say it's pretty suspicious. If they are trying to spin this in a positive light, that's even more curious.

So no, it's not OK. These people act as though they are fans, but are employed to influence your opinions. They are not fans and they are not your friends. I'm frankly disgusted by them and they know who they are, and they hate me equally. Many use multiple accounts, and even reply and agree with each other. I saw it a couple times in this thread. 

Again, who the ###### is the employee?

I won't call them out in order to avoid a firestorm. But I assure you this is the status quo on every sports board.

###### off with this nonsense.  Weak unleaded troll horseshit.

Musichunch, dropping in to continue his streak as the worst part time poster on this board.

No ######.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Speaking of multiple accounts, this seems as good a time as any to reiterate my wee pet theory that musichunch's "voice" is eerily familiar to that of a one-time, infamous poster. The two of them would sometimes post here at he same time -- responding to each other occasionally.

Anyhoo, and in addition to which, to come on an anonymous (if you so choose) message board and say you have a proverbial bomb to drop, but won't/can't drop it because of the anticipated blowback is as juvenile a stunt as I can imagine.

Have at it, bruh. Dish the supposed dirt. Back it up with verifiable facts, too.

What's the worst that can happen? You'll get banned (again?)? And be forced to create another account (or, more likely, pull an existing one from the shelf)?

This sort of thinly substantiated conspiracy theory about how Sabres PR hacks walk (post) among us has a familiar ring to it, somehow. Whither are you, Cliff Benson?

As the boys used to say while playing dominos: "Come outta dem bushes, Aloysius."

First: Why are we calling this a "Crime Report"? There were two Police Reports filed. I double checked what Chz posted and they are indeed police reports. Already the coverage is biased, wonder if it is because he is black. 

Second: I write better professionally than the Buffalo News, man is that story is leading. It looks like something that was written in an hour by a recent high school grad. 

Third: Really Evander? I mean really? After all the talk from Murray and from you about playing hockey and keeping your head down you once again have an investigation. This is becoming a pattern from Winnipeg to Buffalo and that means you are doing at least something wrong. 

Fourth: Not enough facts have been made known yet. I use twitter regularly so I don't believe those tweets outright. I also don't believe that an investigation would be continuing the way it is if nothing at all happened. So the question is what exactly did happen? Is Kane a boy? Does he just not mesh with the locals? Did someone see him out and start something? I can't pass judgement either way because there aren't enough facts to form a coherent theory, yet.

Five: Evander Kane is a perfect little snowflake. Everything Evander does is the greatest thing ever, the way he sleeps is majestic, his voice sounds like an angel's, the city of Buffalo is not worthy to watch such an Adonis play hockey. Evander once saved a gaggle of school children from a shark, that's right a shark in lake Erie. He beat it up with one hand while pulling the 27 kids to safety with his other hand. Shame on all of you for questioning him and for not blindly supporting him. Good day sirs and madams, I said good day!  :flirt:

First: Why are we calling this a "Crime Report"? There were two Police Reports filed. I double checked what Chz posted and they are indeed police reports. Already the coverage is biased, wonder if it is because he is black. 

Second: I write better professionally than the Buffalo News, man is that story is leading. It looks like something that was written in an hour by a recent high school grad. 

Third: Really Evander? I mean really? After all the talk from Murray and from you about playing hockey and keeping your head down you once again have an investigation. This is becoming a pattern from Winnipeg to Buffalo and that means you are doing at least something wrong. 

Fourth: Not enough facts have been made known yet. I use twitter regularly so I don't believe those tweets outright. I also don't believe that an investigation would be continuing the way it is if nothing at all happened. So the question is what exactly did happen? Is Kane a ###### boy? Does he just not mesh with the locals? Did someone see him out and start something? I can't pass judgement either way because there aren't enough facts to form a coherent theory, yet.

Five: Evander Kane is a perfect little snowflake. Everything Evander does is the greatest thing ever, the way he sleeps is majestic, his voice sounds like an angel's, the city of Buffalo is not worthy to watch such an Adonis play hockey. Evander once saved a gaggle of school children from a shark, that's right a shark in lake Erie. He beat it up with one hand while pulling the 27 kids to safety with his other hand. Shame on all of you for questioning him and for not blindly supporting him. Good day sirs and madams, I said good day!  :flirt:

Well, I can answer the first one.  As cringe-worthy as "crime report" sounds, it is the term that WIVB used in its tweet and in its initial article.  See the first three or four posts in the thread.

Well, I can answer the first one. As cringe-worthy as "crime report" sounds, it is the term that WIVB used in its tweet and in its initial article. See the first three or four posts in the thread.

Precisely. That's why I quoted it in the title.

Peters or E. Kane?

Hmm. They did go for a little added effect, but I think it's fairly stated that they're gleaning the information from the accuser's version of events.

Peters...

I've never had a personal interaction with Kane but he's not winning me over with his ability to get his name into police reports.

I've had interaction with Peters and Kane, both times at Bills games. Ran into Peters in the concourse at halftime several years back and shot the ###### with him for a few minutes. Kane passed me in the Kelly club with his insanely smoking hot girlfriend last year. It was the NE game, and as the Bills were quite predictably shitting the bed he was wisely cutting out early.

edit:

filter test...

shitting 

shits

shat

Edited by Claude_Verret

Speaking of multiple accounts, this seems as good a time as any to reiterate my wee pet theory that musichunch's "voice" is eerily familiar to that of a one-time, infamous poster. The two of them would sometimes post here at he same time -- responding to each other occasionally.

Anyhoo, and in addition to which, to come on an anonymous (if you so choose) message board and say you have a proverbial bomb to drop, but won't/can't drop it because of the anticipated blowback is as juvenile a stunt as I can imagine.

Have at it, bruh. Dish the supposed dirt. Back it up with verifiable facts, too.

What's the worst that can happen? You'll get banned (again?)? And be forced to create another account (or, more likely, pull an existing one from the shelf)?

This sort of thinly substantiated conspiracy theory about how Sabres PR hacks walk (post) among us has a familiar ring to it, somehow. Whither are you, Cliff Benson?

As the boys used to say while playing dominos: "Come outta dem bushes, Aloysius."

There is no certainty in life or on anonymous message boards, but I'm highly confident that the current tinfoil hat dude isn't GoDD (if that's who you were referring to). 

And I appreciate the support, although I'll also say that I'm more bemused by the accusation than offended.

Ah, gotcha. I've had two personal interactions with his wife (assuming they're still married). Even though she was stone-cold sober, she said some things (in a group setting) that made me flat-out cringe. 

Do tell!

No.

Thanks.

So it seems like Kane's pre-Sabres baggage is comprised entirely of (i) the Vegas cash photos, (ii) him wanting out of Winnipeg and (iii) him not getting along with teammates in Winnipeg? 

That's it, right?  i.e. no brushes with the law or anything else untoward?

If so, the allusions in this thread to his "history" and "past sexual allegations" and similar items seem rather overblown.

nfreeman -

You are indeed correct in regards to what Kane's "troubles" were in Winnipeg. There was no criminal activity or any accusation of the sort.

Except for being teammates and possibly even friends with that coke monkey Zach Bogosian. It's only a matter of time before Eichel and Reinhart start showing up to work with the permanent sniffles.

#Antics#

Edited by Drunkard

There is no certainty in life or on anonymous message boards, but I'm highly confident that the current tinfoil hat dude isn't GoDD (if that's who you were referring to). 

Really? Now you "do tell!"

And if'n that's true, I reckon I'm gonna hafta sh1t in my hat after all. (I told someone here (in a PM?) that I would do so if the two weren't one in the same.)

Do tell!

Oof. I wish it were a good story. It really isn't. 

I started typing some of the language I recall hearing, and then thought better of it. We're all better off if it's not re-published (even with the filters).

Really? Now you "do tell!"

And if'n that's true, I reckon I'm gonna hafta sh1t in my hat after all. (I told someone here (in a PM?) that I would do so if the two weren't one in the same.)

Well, I haven't done the DNA testing as IKP recommends -- it's a good suggestion, but I'm not sure I'm going to bother -- but the style and content of their posts are too different for me to believe it.

I agree that both of them are inclined towards conspiracy theories, but that's where the similarities end IMHO.  Their technical writing styles are pretty different -- GoDD often made great points, but was a bit sloppy with his prose, while the other guy is quite precise.  Perhaps it's the OCD.

More importantly, GoDD crossed the line (and regrettably did so too often), but he was funny and IMHO generous of spirit.  The other guy is just bitter and from outer space.

• 2 weeks later...

Lou Michel with a story on TBN saying that Kane will face violation-level harassment charges stemming from the incident at Bottoms Up.

The digital paper characterizes these as "non-criminal" charges, which is weird. Violations are crimes. They're just not very serious crimes.

My bad: Evidently violations are considered non-criminal under New York law. (The more you know ...)

Edited by That Aud Smell

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.