Cam Fowler Trade Speculation Thread

LGR4GM

Agreed on both points.

But I'm not sure about Peason's role here if we sign Vesey.

I guess he might make Fasching or Bailey expendable.

Depends on who goes out. If we move both Girgensons and Foligno, there's a clear spot open in the top-9 even with Vesey. Plus Gionta is gone in a year, Ennis may be permanently scrambled, and who knows if we keep Kane in two years. I think he fits in nicely.

Depends on who goes out. If we move both Girgensons and Foligno, there's a clear spot open in the top-9 even with Vesey. Plus Gionta is gone in a year, Ennis may be permanently scrambled, and who knows if we keep Kane in two years. I think he fits in nicely.

Ya, right now it's between Girgensons and Foligno for that 3rd line LW spot. If both are moved, there's a definite opening. I don't think both with be, though. But Pearson could be an upgrade, depending on which of the two we keep. 

The Sabres cannot draft a Cam Fowler in today's draft.

They can draft a guy who has a good chance of being Cam Fowler in 4-6 years.

Don't interpret that as me wanting to trade eight, just be aware of how long it will take for this kid to make an impact and that he has just as much chance of being Darnell Nurse as he does Risto.

we can trade 8 for Fowler and there is a realistic chance we have neither in 2 years.

You are really going to trade a guy away who you can have for 10 years and who will more than likely be as good if not better than Fowler for a guy you could have only for 2 years??? makes absolutely no sense to me.

we can trade 8 for Fowler and there is a realistic chance we have neither in 2 years.

You are really going to trade a guy away who you can have for 10 years and who will more than likely be as good if not better than Fowler for a guy you could have only for 2 years??? makes absolutely no sense to me.

I understand the sentiment, and I don't want to trade 8 for Fowler, either. But I don't think it's accurate to say that the D we draft at 8 (IF we draft one there!) is more than likely as good if not better that Fowler. He would have a chance to be, nothing more. 

Well, if we're great for 4-5 years, then the rebuild has in fact ended.

and then you use trades and free agency to keep the winning train rolling like all the other winning teams do. Do you think that Pens or Blackhawks fans care if the team gives up a 1St rounder to get someone that will help them continue to win, or that their farm club may not be overflowing with talent?

As for the deal, if they want 8 and I was TM, the ducks better sweeten the deal and make this a blockbuster. I would make the deal if they included Gibson and we gave them Lehner to even out the goalie move......

(And yes I know they aren't moving Gibson, but if I'm TM then I start shooting for the moon and start including him, getzlaf or Perry......)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.