Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

Has the hockey world listened to the Vesey camp's continued insistence that he wants to hit the market no matter what? Jesus.

Agreed.  I don't think that tweet gives any insight at all.  "Educated" guess at best.  I'm not sure it will be us by any means but I don't think we're out of the running when this continues tomorrow either.

Has the hockey world listened to the Vesey camp's continued insistence that he wants to hit the market no matter what? Jesus.

This.  He was going to be a FA if Boston, Toronto or Chicago traded for his rights early too.  Buffalo trading for his rights upped the chances of signing him this week from Vesey's agent probably not even taking our phone call to at least being in the conversation.  It was worth one of our four third round picks to get that upgrade.

Corey Pronman (sp?) is a hockey guy in my Twitter feed. Seems like a good one. I saw this note/post that he put on the Twitter and felt like it was spot-on:

Cp3yEJGXYAAL2pB.jpg

Things that caught my eye: Solid NHL piece. Upside = average top-6 player (which is something). An old prospect.

Corey Pronman (sp?) is a hockey guy in my Twitter feed. Seems like a good one. I saw this note/post that he put on the Twitter and felt like it was spot-on:

Cp3yEJGXYAAL2pB.jpg

Things that caught my eye: Solid NHL piece. Upside = average top-6 player (which is something). An old prospect.

The 2nd to last paragraph is a strawman argument. A reasonable alternative (but of course not mentioned) is to have the player re-enter the draft after his college career has finished.

The 2nd to last paragraph is a strawman argument. A reasonable alternative (but of course not mentioned) is to have the player re-enter the draft after his college career has finished.

Yeah. I was not particularly interested in that take. I really can't be bothered to get into the details of a pro sports CBA like that.

Edited by That Aud Smell

The mere act or process of debating whether a surplus third was too much to spend was one that seemed a bit like a parody of message board debate, to me.

Actually, a massive thread about a NCAA free agent probably does that trick itself.

But we gave up a chance to draft Rem Pitlick!

Probably asking them for more guarantees of playing time, locker room stall location, number, access to free flights for family members, etc...

I believe his last request was to have you banned from SabreSpace but the mods declined the Sabres request.

Per Article BlackHawks remain on the list

According to sources familiar with the situation, Vesey has a short list of five or six teams that includes the Bruins and other teams in the northeast area, including the Rangers, Devils and Sabres. A source indicated that the player has something of a preference to play in the northeast; Fish declined to confirm, noting that Eastern Conference teams top Vesey’s list but that anything is possible. To that point, the Blackhawks remain on Vesey’s list after scouting him throughout the summer.

Jimmy signing with Chicago is contingent on the NHL moving them into the Eastern Conference.  Everyone knows that.

Because of Pi, I want Jimmy so so bad.

That's not news.

More interestingly is to see what other moves might be held up waiting to see how this ends up.

Cp3yEJGXYAAL2pB.jpg

I didn't know 'ridiculously good'  was better than 'great'. Learn something new every day. 

Cp3yEJGXYAAL2pB.jpg

We have nearly 60 pages about the next Drew Stafford? :D

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.