Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

And here I thought we had something special Hoss

Don't worry, boo. He's my "too hot" and you're my "just right." Freeman is my "too cold."

Just received from Vesey reps: There are no front runners. Jimmy will go through the process and Buffalo will be part of that process. (1/2)

More from Vesey reps: Everything said or read until that time is speculation. (2/2) #Sabres

Although they didn't talk, there are rumors of dry erase board messages, hand signals, and other non verbal communication taking place at those summer league games. This is footage of Stan Bowman gesturing towards Vesey at his last game. Experts are trying to ascertain the meaning but it's clear he means two of something. 

giphy.gif

And another of Bowman and Quenneville at a previous game (don't let the disguises fool you)

giphy.gif

Oh I think I see "it" now.  Wearing the ticket extra low trick.

According to a WKBW report Vesey isnt coming here. Personally I think this is stupid move for Vesey as I think we are the best long-term fit for him, but the decision is his. Regardless, I still like GMTM's aggressive move to try to get him. When the move was made I looked at our LW prospect depth and worried about the positions future with Carrier being our best LW prospect.

However after the draft and development camp, I'm not real worried about lw in our top 6. Nylander will certainly sooner then later take one of the 2 top 6 lw jobs. We still have Kanel but even without him, the development of Bailey and Fasching coupled with the ability of ROR and Ennis to play LW and Sam to play center, we have great flexability and talent on our top 2 lines.

I think Vesey signing elsewhere means Big Z is staying put and will be signed soon.

At this point I'm wondering what will happen if he does sign here and then doesn't immediately start scoring "enough".  How quickly will the torches and pitchforks come out? 

Don't need to be under the cap until the season starts IIRC.  Your point is taken, the Penguins need to make a move.

Never, never put the pitchforks away. Always have them close by, at the ready because you never know.

If he Vesey struggles in BUF it could negatively impact Eichel's development.   He'll be bombarded with questions from the media "What's wrong with your bud Jimmy?... Why isn't he performing? etc...."    Jack already has enough pressure on him, if his friend get's demoted he'll feel it's partly his fault and try too hard to set him up for goals, etc....   it could backfire in a big way.

Trolling here.

We'll we already knew Vesey likes to mis-lead people and basically just tells everyone he talks to what they want to hear.    Whatever he does won't come as a surprise.

REALLY trolling here. Have you ever landed one of these big fish trolls you go after?

I didn't know we were suppose to put them away. They've been at the ready with extra matches and torch oil for years, at least since that whole Y2K scare.

Was there a memo?

I'll make room in the shed :cry:

As noted above, never put them away. You never know when you need them and they should always be at the ready. I'm 50 years and one month old and let me tell you something sonny. If there's one thing I've learned over those decades and decades and decades plus, you never put away the pitchforks. There's always a next time!

Although they didn't talk, there are rumors of dry erase board messages, hand signals, and other non verbal communication taking place at those summer league games. This is footage of Stan Bowman gesturing towards Vesey at his last game. Experts are trying to ascertain the meaning but it's clear he means two of something. 

giphy.gif

And another of Bowman and Quenneville at a previous game (don't let the disguises fool you)

giphy.gif

Bravo sir. These images shall be the basis of our tampering charges. Bring out your pitchforks!!!

Whatever team he chooses, he's setting himself up to be booed bigtime in different markets as an unproven rookie.

He seems to be getting way more attention than previous college ufa's.   

Last one I recall was Schultz and even he didn't get that much, Vessey needs better PR.

Wkbw report is garbage. Leveraging off the cnnse report which is also garbage. The quote from his agent that Buffalo is still very much in consideration is much more relevant. He's getting more attention than previous college UFAs cuz it's Buffalo and hes a better player

Only Nashville and Buffalo

The rest of the teams would be the same as a regular free agent signing. No one else is losing draft picks over him signing elsewhere

Why Buffalo? GMTM had 4 3rd round picks to use. Why not take a gamble? There was not la ong term expectation Vesey would be a Sabre. Predator fans thought he'd be playing for Nashville in the playoffs as a top 6 forward. Vesey's decision to not sign w/ the Predators came from left field. A shocker so to speak. There's no reason for Sabres fans to have a strong sense of dislike for the guy. If Vesey signs w/ the Sabrs, great. If not, who cares? There was no high, long term expectation he would. 

Why Buffalo? GMTM had 4 3rd round picks to use. Why not take a gamble? There was not la ong term expectation Vesey would be a Sabre. Predator fans thought he'd be playing for Nashville in the playoffs as a top 6 forward. Vesey's decision to not sign w/ the Predators came from left field. A shocker so to speak. There's no reason for Sabres fans to have a strong sense of dislike for the guy. If Vesey signs w/ the Sabrs, great. If not, who cares? There was no high, long term expectation he would. 

giphy.gif

Do you know a lot of Buffalo fans? They will boo this guy mercilessly until he retires. We are a petty, this skinned bunch.

We are? I don't recall booing anyone in a similar situation

Chara, Lucic, Ovechkin all booed for their transgressions against the Sabres. To this day. If they carted THE fax machine out there during intermission, fans would boo it too. I don't know how this is even arguable.

Any player ever talk junk on Buffalo, that guy is getting booed. Looking at you Joffrey.

Edited by inkman

Chara, Lucic, Ovechkin all booed for their transgressions against the Sabres. To this day. If they carted THE fax machine out there during intermission, fans would boo it too. I don't know how this is even arguable.

Any player ever talk junk on Buffalo, that guy is getting booed. Looking at you Joffrey.

That's everywhere.  Check out Brazil's reaction to Hope Solo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.