Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

I wonder if there's any way of prying Johnny Gaudreau loose from Calgary. He's looking for $8Mill and he's still unsigned by the Flames. Gaudreau for Risto anyone?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/gaudreau-slick-hands-dekes-sbisa-before-scoring-backhand

I brought this up a little while ago... http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/24159-rasmus-ristolainen-contract-watch-2016/page-5?do=findComment&comment=849815

There's 5 big name RFAs yet unsigned... Lindholm, Gaudreau, Ristolainen, Trouba and Kucherov.... and Bishop has to go somewhere eventually sooooooo

How about a 6-way deal:

to ANA: Gaudreau + Kane

to BUF: Lindholm + ANA 3rd

to CGY: Kucherov 

to WPG: Risto

to TBL: Trouba + DAL 1st and 3rd

to DAL: Bishop

I brought this up a little while ago... http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/24159-rasmus-ristolainen-contract-watch-2016/page-5?do=findComment&comment=849815

There's 5 big name RFAs yet unsigned... Lindholm, Gaudreau, Ristolainen, Trouba and Kucherov.... and Bishop has to go somewhere eventually sooooooo

How about a 6-way deal:

to ANA: Gaudreau + Kane

to BUF: Lindholm + ANA 3rd

to CGY: Kucherov 

to WPG: Risto

to TBL: Trouba + DAL 1st and 3rd

to DAL: Bishop

You can't make a trade like that.  The analysts heads would not be able to comprehend it.  Marketers would have to find a greater superlative than what they used for the Subban trade day.

It would be chaos.

I can only imagine what it would be like on here.

You can't make a trade like that.  The analysts heads would not be able to comprehend it.  Marketers would have to find a greater superlative than what they used for the Subban trade day.

It would be chaos.

I can only imagine what it would be like on here.

Plus Dallas would win its first Cup.

Am I the only one who thinks Bishop is clumsy and overrated?

Whoever pays him big bucks and/or a lot to acquire him will regret it.

Last season...

GAA - 1st - 2.06

SV% - 2nd - .926

Wins - 4th - 35

Shutouts - 3rd - 6

Career 2.29 GAA and .920 SV% in 230 games

For comparision, Hasek has a career 2.20 GAA and .922 SV%.

I don't see any evidence to suggest that Bishop is overrated, although it will be interesting to see how his numbers change if/when the NHL enforces new goalie equipment standards.

Eh. I didn't really care for that video. Kinda boring. It doesn't take much to get me hype for hockey and that video barely moved the needle.

I liked it a lot.

It certainly was not intended to carry a hype style.

The tone was much more authentic-heart-string-tug than it was a promo for Don Cherry's ROCK 'EM SOCK 'EM 73.

Interesting Alex Ovechkin facts:

Alex has 14 fewer power play goals than Jaromir Jagr, in roughly 800 fewer games played. Alex also only trails Mario Lemieux, in all-time power-play-goals-per-game.

Ovechkin will always play second fiddle to these guys unless he wins a Cup or two.

Ovechkin will always play second fiddle to these guys unless he wins a Cup or two.

Cups have no bearing on how I view an individual player. I'm focused on enjoying the fact that I can watch a guy who is one of the best ever at doing what he does. If I need my superstars to be Lemieux/Gretzky/etc to be happy, I wouldn't watch the game.

He'll always be behind Mario regardless, but some longevity will see him pass Jagr.

Jagr would have zero cups if he didn't get the chance to play second fiddle to Mario.