Ristolainen Signed, 6yrs 5.4mil per

LGR4GM

That's what she said? :unsure:

haha

lol, we know about your 5 year love, but I think if I remember correctly you were close with the dollar amount?

originally i said 5 @ 5.5, but would also accept 6 yrs.   tho i really thought this would end in a bridge, the further along it went.    I'm wondering if Risto finally came to his senses and took the deal he was offered, or if GMTM caved on term. 

Did it eat 2 or only 1 UFA year? I thought 2 years because of how the CBA is written... can anyone confirm when Risto would have been an UFA

maybe only 1?  an "accrued season" is defined as being on the active roster for 40 NHL games, he only played 34 his first year, not sure how many we was on the active roster for tho.      

He only logged 34 games his first year so his elc kicked in but he did not accrue a service year towards Ufa, need 40. So we bought one ufa year. Good deal for all parties.

In light of me being educated on the CBA, I'd like to revise my "perfect deal" down to merely a great deal. :D

I still really like that his next deal will (if all goes well) encompass his 27-35 years rather than 29-37.

And let's be honest, the best part of this whole thing is it confirms that Pi has no sources :p

In light of me being educated on the CBA, I'd like to revise my "perfect deal" down to merely a great deal. :D

I still really like that his next deal will (if all goes well) encompass his 27-35 years rather than 29-37.

And let's be honest, the best part of this whole thing is it confirms that Pi has no sources :P

what!?  no partial credit?

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/24159-ristolainen-signed-6yrs-54mil-per/?view=findpost&p=865818

"GMTM still hasn't offered a bridge deal yet. He's hoping he signs a medium term deal for 4.5-5.5."

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/24159-ristolainen-signed-6yrs-54mil-per/?view=findpost&p=865673

"Risto will sign within 48hrs."

"...Bogo will be ready to play the opener, as will Kulikov."

what!? no partial credit?

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/24159-ristolainen-signed-6yrs-54mil-per/?view=findpost&p=865818

"GMTM still hasn't offered a bridge deal yet. He's hoping he signs a medium term deal for 4.5-5.5."

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/24159-ristolainen-signed-6yrs-54mil-per/?view=findpost&p=865673

"Risto will sign within 48hrs."

"...Bogo will be ready to play the opener, as will Kulikov."

Nope, not when you pretty confidently asserted it'd be a bridge. Unless you let your personal preferences interfere with your reporting.

I hope we are all saying "great deal" 3 years from now.  I like Risto but I'm concerned.  Maybe it's because he reminds me of Max Headroom.

Cugm7UBWgAA9d9Z.jpg

f2fc07378409bfda5cf6563843f5dbf5.jpg

Let's assume for arguments sake that he stagnated. 40 pt player with defensive holes. If the cap goes up 2% per year over the next 3 his contract is movable as was Bogosian's. Little downside and a calculated gamble by TM.  Plus we will have 5m + when Cody goes on LTIR to work with this season.  I get your concern but I would make the same bet.

Edited by 3putt

He only logged 34 games his first year so his elc kicked in but he did not accrue a service year towards Ufa, need 40.  So we bought one ufa year.  Good deal for all parties.

Me and Hoss have been talking about this a bit. The criteria is 40 games on the roster, which is different than games played. I am fairly confident that the Sabres didn't bring him up a week or two early to get 40 games on the roster. So I think this is true, the Sabres bought 1 year, which, despite what Doug McKenzie tells you, is different than the Jones contract, which buys 2 years, and the Riily contract, which, if I remember right, buys 2 years.

Me and Hoss have been talking about this a bit. The criteria is 40 games on the roster, which is different than games played. I am fairly confident that the Sabres didn't bring him up a week or two early to get 40 games on the roster. So I think this is true, the Sabres bought 1 year, which, despite what Doug McKenzie tells you, is different than the Jones contract, which buys 2 years, and the Riily contract, which, if I remember right, buys 2 years.

Jones was on the Preds roster for 77 games so he accrued a year the first year of his ELC. He would have been a UFA at 25. Risto didn't accrue a year his first year. He started in Buffalo was loaned to Finland for the WJC and returned to Rochester after that. He played in 34 games in Rocehester and 34 in Buffalo. He would reach UFA status at 26 opposed to Jones at 25. So you are correct that the Jackets bought 2 years. But I don't think it is a major difference value wise. They will both be 27 when their current deals expire. They will be along with Lindholm hot commodities.

Jones was on the Preds roster for 77 games so he accrued a year the first year of his ELC. He would have been a UFA at 25. Risto didn't accrue a year his first year. He started in Buffalo was loaned to Finland for the WJC and returned to Rochester after that. He played in 34 games in Rocehester and 34 in Buffalo. He would reach UFA status at 26 opposed to Jones at 25. So you are correct that the Jackets bought 2 years. But I don't think it is a major difference value wise. They will both be 27 when their current deals expire. They will be along with Lindholm hot commodities.

Interesting, I thought it was critical issue value wise.

Interesting, I thought it was critical issue value wise.

Maybe from a general fanager pov. But what the Sabres had to factor in was cost certainty when they know Jack and Samson need to paid in the same year. The Jackets got a nice deal but I am fine with Risto's.

You should really only listen to his brother Bob, eh.

Take off, you hoser!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.