2016 First Round of Playoffs Thread

Eleven

Boy, it's hard not to think the refs are favoring Washington. I hate the Flyers, but I hate BS officiating more.

So now that Ed passed, the Phlyers are no longer a MFT? That doesn't seem plausible; Jay still has a lot of pull. Didn't Filly have the 1st 3 pp's of the game? (Almost positive they had at least the 1st 2.)

So now that Ed passed, the Phlyers are no longer a MFT? That doesn't seem plausible; Jay still has a lot of pull. Didn't Filly have the 1st 3 pp's of the game? (Almost positive they had at least the 1st 2.)

I only saw the last period, there was a series where they should have called at least three penalties and just let it go. Even Simmon's roughing call was bogus. Wilson went right after him and even dropped his gloves first.

Oh well, Karma's a be'otch.

I bet. The Islanders speed up front matched with Florida's speed on the back end is a recipe for good hockey.

These guys are going to be worn out if the whole series is like this. Islanders are taking control of the speed in the 3rd. Lou looks asleep.

As worked up as I am watching these playoff games, I am not looking forward to watching the Sabres play in the playoffs next year. My heart my actually explode out of my chest.

It's nice as a silver lining but after watching that first Kucherov goal...

The way Johnson skates... The way Kucherov leans in and freakin' hammers the puck into the top shelf... The crowd erupting and the players celebrating so hard they don't know what to do with themselves.  It's been 5 years since Tyler Ennis's rebound off Mike Weber's shot. 5 years since I've felt anything close to that ecstasy.  I've learned so much and come to love hockey so much more as a player and a spectator since then.  

I can't even imagine that feeling now.  But I want it.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Lou got outplayed by a backup goaltender. It's that simple. Islanders got outplayed. 

The entire Panthers team was a bit of a hot mess in their own end all night long, Lou most definitely included.  

It'll be interesting to see if they can knock that off here tonight. 

No. No. And no. Thorne had most favored teams and players and not coincidentally they were league most favored teams. The glamorous teams, the big markets. His goal calls were never over the top for the Sabres like they were for other teams, and I always hated Thorne for it. This call is an example of Thorne at 6/10. He saved his 9s and 10s for others.

No. No. And no. Thorne had most favored teams and players and not coincidentally they were league most favored teams. The glamorous teams, the big markets. His goal calls were never over the top for the Sabres like they were for other teams, and I always hated Thorne for it. This call is an example of Thorne at 6/10. He saved his 9s and 10s for others.

I just think Thorne got too excitable at times. He was good at calling the game, but just went over the top with the goal calls too much.

I don't see why there is so much hate for Emrick. I've always loved the guy - very knowledgeable about every level of the game and excellent at calling the game (not too many stories while play is going on).

I just think Thorne got too excitable at times. He was good at calling the game, but just went over the top with the goal calls too much.

I don't see why there is so much hate for Emrick. I've always loved the guy - very knowledgeable about every level of the game and excellent at calling the game (not too many stories while play is going on).

:blink:

I really want to know which games you are listening to.

And it was nice to hear Clement last night. Is it OK to like him PA?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.