Steven Stamkos stays in Tampa Bay, 8.5mil x 8yrs

LGR4GM

Stamkos' show me the money poll  

110 members have voted

1. 1. How much $$$$$ will Stamkos get per year?

• $8 - 9.9million
    • $10 - 10.9million
    • $11 - 11.9million
    • $12mil or more
  2. 2. How much $$$$$ would YOU pay Stamkos per year? It is safe to assume he gets max deal of 7 years.

• $8 - 9.9million
    • $10 - 10.9million
    • $11 - 11.9million
    • $12mil or more

Gotta agree. Yzerman probably said something to the effect of, come July 1, don't expect our original offer to still be on the table if you cycle back here.

Don't know if they have an 8 year offer on the table; but if they do, that offer automatically gets modified July 1.

Especially considering that Stamkos can talk to everybody (whether or not numbers are allowed to be discussed, wink, wink) after the draft, have to believe he'd be signed by TB ahead of July 1 if he is staying.

Gotta agree. Yzerman probably said something to the effect of, come July 1, don't expect our original offer to still be on the table if you cycle back here.

I doubt it.  I think he said - the offer stands and we hope you'll consider the team we have to offer around you.  If we're close,  would you at least give us last right of refusal?

Don't know if they have an 8 year offer on the table; but if they do, that offer automatically gets modified July 1.

Especially considering that Stamkos can talk to everybody (whether or not numbers are allowed to be discussed, wink, wink) after the draft, have to believe he'd be signed by TB ahead of July 1 if he is staying.

Yup, at this point I'd be quite surprised if he stayed in Tampa.

I doubt it.  I think he said - the offer stands and we hope you'll consider the team we have to offer around you.  If we're close,  would you at least give us last right of refusal?

Taro made a good point, as of July 1, they would HAVE to alter their offer, if the current one is 8 years.

I doubt they would ask for the last right of refusal, or that Stamkos would grant that, but that's just me.

No guarantee yet, but sure it does look brighter now more than ever for Detroit. However, no guarantee! He could prefer the same $$ to be home. We could still end up with Okposo and a defensemen like Fowler etc.

If we land those two plus a couple more pieces, I'll be just as happy

My fear is how much Okposo is going to command on July 1st, after what Yandle got. Minnesota, where he is from, and the Kings are interested in him. If his AAV approaches O'Reilly's Number is he worth it?

Nope. Hope we can reel in Vesey, and if not, focus on growth for the kids. No way am I going long term with Okposo at O'Reilly numbers.

My fear is how much Okposo is going to command on July 1st, after what Yandle got. Minnesota, where he is from, and the Kings are interested in him. If his AAV approaches O'Reilly's Number is he worth it?

I personally don't think so. With the addition of Nylander in a few years and the potential of signing Vesey, I'd rather focus on finding a LHD through trade or offer sheet and see if any of the kids (Bailey, Baptiste, Carrier, etc.) will be ready to step up. That's harder to do if we sign Okposo to a long term deal for big money.

I asked Steve Yzerman that if the time should come where he felt he was out on Stamkos, if he would consider a sign-and-trade (con't)...

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun  1m

Yzerman said he hasn't thought about that to this point but did add he'd rather get an asset than lose him for nothing... (con't)

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun  51s

However, Yzerman said all avenues remain open on the Stamkos front even with UFA speaking window opening tomorrow...

Nope. Hope we can reel in Vesey, and if not, focus on growth for the kids. No way am I going long term with Okposo at O'Reilly numbers.

Agreed. We aren't in a position where we HAVE to add at forward, even if Vesey doesn't sign.

Defence on the other hand is a different matter. We have to add. Money should be spent there. As cool as it would be to get Stamkos, I wouldn't want him if we can't add to the defence.

And as far as forwards, we probably have the future core in place and our current ranks are more than adequate. A winger upgrade would be nice, but depending on Vesey even that may be unnecessary.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.