Steven Stamkos stays in Tampa Bay, 8.5mil x 8yrs

LGR4GM

Stamkos' show me the money poll  

110 members have voted

1. 1. How much $$$$$ will Stamkos get per year?

• $8 - 9.9million
    • $10 - 10.9million
    • $11 - 11.9million
    • $12mil or more
  2. 2. How much $$$$$ would YOU pay Stamkos per year? It is safe to assume he gets max deal of 7 years.

• $8 - 9.9million
    • $10 - 10.9million
    • $11 - 11.9million
    • $12mil or more

Who started this rumor? It's beyond stupid. If it were somehow true you are looking at Reinhart or Ristolainen and that might not be enough.

Yes it is, but given the time 2 days before the draft, the rumor cant be any worse than the twitterverse idiots... and is at least entertaining. Edited by North Buffalo

Called it a bit of a stretch....

Hearing conflicting reports/opinions. Just gotta wait and see. Damn I hate the suspense. 

Brent Burns may be interesting. He is a defenseman able to play forward. Not that Buffalo needs him to do that, but an in game switch from defenseman to forward could be beneficial. 

And I still do not want the Sabres to pay 12 mill for Stamkos.

Ya, he made the odds of us getting Vesey seem less likely than others. It kinda is becoming a don't count your chickens before they've hatched circumstance. I'll continue to think we will sign him though, until after the July 1st weekend. If we don't sign him by that point though, I think I'll be of the opinion he's likely going elsewhere when August 15th arrives.

Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey  31m

LeBrun: I think there is 'absolutely no question' if Stamkos goes to market, Buffalo #Sabres will be among the teams 'making a heavy pitch.'

Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey  31m

LeBrun: "I think that Tim Murray, the GM, has the absolute green light from Terry Pegula to make a run at Stamkos" #Sabres

omg there is all this trade talk about Fowler and all wgr is talking about is freaking Stamkos. The draft is tomorrow and we can't even talk to Stamkos til next week. Freaking come on and talk about what is actually happening. 

omg there is all this trade talk about Fowler and all wgr is talking about is freaking Stamkos. The draft is tomorrow and we can't even talk to Stamkos til next week. Freaking come on and talk about what is actually happening.

We can actually talk to Stamkos on Friday/Saturday at 12:01 am.

Well at least they're talking about sports that's progress I guess.

Jim Benning said the Canucks will inquire about Stamkos, Dreger called the Wings a top contender

All other non-cap things aside: VAN has $10.4M, DET has $14.6M (but only 13 players signed) cap space free.  They'd likely both have to jimmy things around to make everything work out.  Meanwhile, we have >$24M free with 14 players signed.

nucci, on 23 Jun 2016 - 5:22 PM, said:

depressing? talk of possibility of signing a star player.......I think it's exciting

I'm all excited that I'm going to buy a Lamborghini!  Yeah, I won't be able to buy a daily driver having spent all of my money, and the Lamborghini has been in accidents that have assuredly compromised its structural integrity, but, screw it...it's a  Lamborghini!

All of this Stamkos talk is a little depressing.  I think there are far better ways to spend the money.

Disagree.   I'd rather have Stamkos at $10mil than two lesser players at $5mil.    

I'm all excited that I'm going to buy a Lamborghini!  Yeah, I won't be able to buy a daily driver having spent all of my money, and the Lamborghini has been in accidents that have assuredly compromised its structural integrity, but, screw it...it's a  Lamborghini!

He's not damaged goods.    He's young.    Sabres have plenty of cap room even if they sign him for $10mil.

You mean that bogus rumor from that fake Twitter account?

Perfect analogy. Spot on....what was I thinking.

If he was going to re-sign with Tampa, he would have already......Once you hit FA you're usually gone......Similar to Drury and Briere

Gotta agree. Yzerman probably said something to the effect of, come July 1, don't expect our original offer to still be on the table if you cycle back here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.