Steven Stamkos stays in Tampa Bay, 8.5mil x 8yrs

LGR4GM

Stamkos' show me the money poll  

110 members have voted

1. 1. How much $$$$$ will Stamkos get per year?

• $8 - 9.9million
    • $10 - 10.9million
    • $11 - 11.9million
    • $12mil or more
  2. 2. How much $$$$$ would YOU pay Stamkos per year? It is safe to assume he gets max deal of 7 years.

• $8 - 9.9million
    • $10 - 10.9million
    • $11 - 11.9million
    • $12mil or more

Writer for the Detroit news

dreger says @DetroitRedWings will offer stamkos seven years, $70 million.

More confirming it

Dreger/Stamkos: I believe the #RedWings are going to table an offer seven years in length "and at least $10 million per year." #TBLightning

Writer for the Detroit news

@greggkrupa  17m17 minutes ago

dreger says @DetroitRedWings will offer stamkos seven years, $70 million.

More confirming it

@NicholsOnHockey  3m3 minutes ago

Dreger/Stamkos: I believe the #RedWings are going to table an offer seven years in length "and at least $10 million per year." #TBLightning

How can anybody possibly know this? TSN was wrong about what Buffalo would offer. I know Dreger has sources but that intel is absolutely top secret. I don't believe any of it.

Wouldn't Detroit be pissed that that information got out, if it's true?

Its gotta be based on what they just cleared in cap space. Even so, Sabres could easily front load the contract making back end more palatable and still out bid detroit, Leaves et al if TM feels Stamkos is the guy. To me really depends on his health??

Edited by North Buffalo

I'm sure Stamkos' agent is happy his inte got plastered in the media.

That is most likely correct. Can cause other teams (Buffalo) to offer a bigger deal. Maybe Murray offers 11 mill for 7 years? Does one of two things. Brings Stamkos into Buffalo or makes Detroit make an equal or possibly bigger offer. Sort of a win win for Murray. Must say I don't want the Sabres paying Stamkos 11 mill. 

That is most likely correct. Can cause other teams (Buffalo) to offer a bigger deal. Maybe Murray offers 11 mill for 7 years? Does one of two things. Brings Stamkos into Buffalo or makes Detroit make an equal or possibly bigger offer. Sort of a win win for Murray. Must say I don't want the Sabres paying Stamkos 11 mill.

Depends on to things to me, ability of Sabres to front load the contract and his health.

I've been in favor of pursuing Stamkos but with the Red Wing ditching Datsyuk's cap hit, the Leafs interest, and now the Rangers I think I'd rather help drive up the price on Stamkos and let someone else pay him 11 or 12 million for 7 years.

Edited by Drunkard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.