World Cup 2016

MODO Hockey

Matthews is making me sad. He's real good.

Jack, needs, a smaller, stick.

It's okay, Jack just needs to put it on the stick of Gaudreau and this game will be 1-0.  It's that stacked in their favor.  Halak has kept them in it for sure.  Otherwise they'd easily be down 2 or 3 nil.  

It's okay, Jack just needs to put it on the stick of Gaudreau and this game will be 1-0.  It's that stacked in their favor.  Halak has kept them in it for sure.  Otherwise they'd easily be down 2 or 3 nil.  

Honestly, he's been the worst player through a period on that team, and his stick seems longer than it's ever been. He can't stickhandle if anyone is within five feet of him. With Nuge/Matthews/McDavid playing the way they are, Jack's gonna find himself sliding down the lineup.

People on hfboards are making fun of his play so far :( 

You make me sad Flagg

Luckily, I don't think he gives a ######, and is just trying to get to the regular season. It's not that he's trying hard and can't keep up, he just looks like he did in the summer league.

MacKinnon scored on the power play, and RNH scores after a Matthews pinch/takeaway. 2-0 NA

Edited by Randall Flagg

Jack is doing his floating, which annoys me but when the puck comes near him he is full speed. He has been very strong on the puck. I think I have seen Jack play better games and I am a little disappointed in Jack tonight.

To his credit, the second half of the game he was much better. That first period was ugly though.

Eichel looked like he belonged all night. Not disappointed in the least as he and his linemates spent most of the night pressing the issue in the offensive zone as did the entire Team NA. Speed kills.

I expect him to be the second or third best forward on that team.

I'm going to bang this drum for the foreseeable future as well. But I do think he played well defensively.

I am not taking shots, simply observing that he was not demonstrably better than the other s on his team. If he he is a generational talent I want to see it on the biggest stages. I thought he did just enough tonight. It didn't look like he was enjoying the moment. He went silent in his last WJC as well. I think he has to believe in his talent more.

Really? I didn't see it. He also has to rethink that stick length. He has no in tight puck control. If he is not going north south he loses possession easily.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/42928/what-we-learned-team-north-america-4-team-europe-0

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/09/08/eichel-plays-200-foot-game-team-north-americas-win/

I wonder how much of effect changing his stick length would have on him this close to the season?

I concur with these reports.

No way Eichel switches to a shorter stick. It's what he's used to and it is a key to his ability to create space and generate such velocity on his wristers.. We have to accept that fancy stick handling is not his game and probably never will be.

GO SABRES!!!

Honestly, he's been the worst player through a period on that team, and his stick seems longer than it's ever been. He can't stickhandle if anyone is within five feet of him. With Nuge/Matthews/McDavid playing the way they are, Jack's gonna find himself sliding down the lineup.

People on hfboards are making fun of his play so far :(

Jack is doing his floating, which annoys me but when the puck comes near him he is full speed. He has been very strong on the puck. I think I have seen Jack play better games and I am a little disappointed in Jack tonight.

Really? I didn't see it. He also has to rethink that stick length. He has no in tight puck control. If he is not going north south he loses possession easily.

An exhibition game in September. Wut. This kid is in for a rough ride from the fans.

I am not taking shots, simply observing that he was not demonstrably better than the other s on his team. If he he is a generational talent I want to see it on the biggest stages. I thought he did just enough tonight. It didn't look like he was enjoying the moment. He went silent in his last WJC as well. I think he has to believe in his talent more.

How many points did McJesus have today?

I concur with these reports.

No way Eichel switches to a shorter stick. It's what he's used to and it is a key to his ability to create space and generate such velocity on his wristers.. We have to accept that fancy stick handling is not his game and probably never will be.

GO SABRES!!!

I mean, right? I think Jack is in a bit better of a position than we are to know what works best for him.

An exhibition game in September. Wut. This kid is in for a rough ride from the fans.

How many points did McJesus have today?

I mean, right? I think Jack is in a bit better of a position than we are to know what works best for him.

We're not being irrational about it, no one said Eichel sucks and we're doomed. It's perfectly reasonable to get excited to see a kid we lost a season for play on a team full of his peers, and then get a little bummed when he starts out poorly enough that an entire hockey forum who has no investment in him either way is laughing at/picking on his play. And I still went into the scoring thread and predicted him to score more goals than any Sabre has in years.

Yes, points in an individual game tell the whole story. If Scheifele's two posts go in, which is something that evens out over the course of a season, it looks a bit different. Either way McDavid was breathtaking. Incredible player.

I recognize that this game matters as much as his summer league games. That doesn't mean I can't be kinda bummed that he gave the same level of effort in it until the end that he did in the summer league games.

I still love Jack.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.