World Cup 2016

MODO Hockey

I think Team Europe blows.  I like the kids to win, too.  Could be just as much sloppiness as "oh, wow" moments in this game, but I still can't wait to watch it.

Yeah Europe sucks, but I think experience wins out in the first exhibition game, I expect NA to get better and better as this thing wears on.

Yeah Europe sucks, but I think experience wins out in the first exhibition game, I expect NA to get better and better as this thing wears on.

Entirely possible, but I would bet a whole dollar on Team NA to win this game, any day of the week.  That's how confident I am !!!

Although Matthews will probably end up with a plus/minus of -2 or -3.

Finland/Sweden puck dropping momentarily.   First live action for Laine against NHL pros.

Game is live on ESPN3 (WatchESPN).

Uniforms looks sharp.   I really like the jersey cut by Adidas, although the white jerseys are a bit too transparent.   

Finland/Sweden puck dropping momentarily.   First live action for Laine against NHL pros.

Game is live on ESPN3 (WatchESPN).

Uniforms looks sharp.   I really like the jersey cut by Adidas, although the white jerseys are a bit too transparent.

Laine played in the World Championships against some NHLers

2-2 heading to OT.   Enroth let in a sloppy goal late which tied the game.

5min 3v3, then shootout.

A few big hits and some scrums after the whistle... a harder fought game than I would've guessed. 

Edited by pi2000

2-2 heading to OT.   Enroth let in a sloppy goal late which tied the game.

5min 3v3, then shootout.

A few big hits and some scrums after the whistle... a harder fought game than I would've guessed. 

From what I understand, those countries hate each other.

From what I understand, those countries hate each other.

Can you blame them? Sweden is full of tall, slender, blonde hair, blue eyed, Viking people with a strong history of seafaring and Finland is full of seafaring, slender, tall, blue eyed, blonde haired, Viking people. With differences like that I'm surprised they aren't still constantly at war with each other (and Norway and Iceland).

Finland hates Russia way more than Sweden in more recent history. They very begrudgingly sided with the Nazis in WWII because they could not abide by the USSR under any circumstances. Kind of reminds me of our choice for prez.

Well, Stalin did try to invade Finland in a ruthless side conflict during wwii, and then Finland had to cede some territory to the Soviets.

Well, Stalin did try to invade Finland in a ruthless side conflict during wwii, and then Finland had to cede some territory to the Soviets.

Indeed, and I do not begrudge them for their choice at all.  It was simply a matter of survival for them.  Also, they were very far from being cooperative allies from the German perspective.  The Finns and Germans simply had a common enemy in the USSR, nothing more.

Indeed, and I do not begrudge them for their choice at all. It was simply a matter of survival for them. Also, they were very far from being cooperative allies from the German perspective. The Finns and Germans simply had a common enemy in the USSR, nothing more.

They had far more reason to work with the Nazis than we did with the Soviet Union.

Team NA all the way.  As long as Matt Murray and Gibby play out of their minds they have a legit chance.  Team Canada and Sweden will be heavily favored, but I like NA's chances.

I love the talent that team has, and although my first reaction is they're woefully inexperienced, when you think about it they're really not. All of these guys have a season under they're belt (well, most of them), and all of them have played in big international tournaments like this. I will bet on talent shining through, especially with Torts and the US roster being what it is, and Canada's injuries

I'm not an Auston Matthews fan, granted, but when I see a picture of him I have a negative visceral reaction, and I finally figured out who he reminds me of.  It's Jack White who I also don't like.  He's a musician for those wondering.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.