GDT: Colorado @ Buffalo, 12:30 pm est, 2-14-2016

WildCard

When Lehner is on, he's arguably the best player on the ice. When he's off. he's really off. Both of those things scream young goaltender with serious skills coming off of a serious injury to me. His future and our future with him are bright if you ask me. Having him and Ullmark going into next season is a great position to be in.

When Lehner is on, he's arguably the best player on the ice. When he's off. he's really off. Both of those things scream young goaltender with serious skills coming off of a serious injury to me. His future and our future with him are bright if you ask me. Having him and Ullmark going into next season is a great position to be in.

I like him too, I think if he had been healthy all year we would be in a better spot then we are now.........Hope he can stay healthy and put his game in order

Oh, me too. I just wouldn't want to survive a plane crash in the Andes with him.

Yep.

He's sorta frightening.

I enjoy hearing the talk about how he's always instructing, directing his teammates. Reminds me a little of another slightly unhinged goalie this team once had.

#IMUSTSEE

Yep.

He's sorta frightening.

I enjoy hearing the talk about how he's always instructing, directing his teammates. Reminds me a little of another slightly unhinged goalie this team once had.

#IMUSTSEE

Hopefully he's a little more well liked by his teammates than asshat 39

Did anyone catch Ray's little story about Lehner? Apologies if it was mentioned. Made me chuckle.

i heard a piece of it. something about how rob's sorta scared of him?

Hopefully he's a little more well liked by his teammates than asshat 39

dude. if he were to approach that level of play, i would care not a bit whether he's liked.

Good game. The FNC has sounded great lately, though others have noticed arena mics seem to be taking over announcers at times. I think it's probably significantly louder in there than its been, but a good deal of the 100s still seem dead.

Anyway, really happen Foligno scored there at the end, he's played great lately. The whole scoresheet looked awesome in terms of the rebuild. I'm fully in Lehner's corner. I remember Hasek being stellar 95% of the time but the other 5% the wheels would really fall off. He's still coming off injury and he'll only get better. I think both goaltenders are going to thrive next year in competition for the #1 spot.

1st 5 or so minutes of the 2nd, the place was an absolute morgue. (That WITH a 3 goal lead.)

It was better after that. Someone from my section got a LGB chant going in the late 2nd.

Killing the 6 mins of high sticks got the place to nearly playoff level noise.

Hopefully winning picks the crowd up, but the crowd should be able to pick the team up. Don't know how to fix that one right now.

Edited by Taro T

1st 5 or so minutes of the 2nd, the place was an absolute morgue. (That WITH a 3 goal lead.)

It was better after that. Someone from my section got a LGB chant going in the late 2nd.

Killing the 6 mins of high sticks got the place to nearly playoff level noise.

Hopefully winning picks the crowd up, but the crowd should be able to pick the team up. Don't know how to fix that one right now.

Were you in the 300 corners on the shoot once side? If so that was me!

The second period was really rough in terms of crowd noise and I have no idea why - we were up three after a great first period and it was silent. Not even a little gameplay chatter. I started a Let's Go Buffalo chant in the mid/late second that got going well but even that took me chanting by myself for three or four rounds before anyone joined in.

That said, when the fans felt slighted by the calls in the third the place was loud and animated. I had more fun yesterday that at any of the previous 5 games I've been to, mostly because of fan participation and noise. That pk to close out the game was awesome

Were you in the 300 corners on the shoot once side? If so that was me!

The second period was really rough in terms of crowd noise and I have no idea why - we were up three after a great first period and it was silent. Not even a little gameplay chatter. I started a Let's Go Buffalo chant in the mid/late second that got going well but even that took me chanting by myself for three or four rounds before anyone joined in.

That said, when the fans felt slighted by the calls in the third the place was loud and animated. I had more fun yesterday that at any of the previous 5 games I've been to, mostly because of fan participation and noise. That pk to close out the game was awesome

Good for you! :beer:

Looks like I should've said someone from NEAR my section (as I'm sure we're referring to the same chant) got it going. :lol:

Good game. The FNC has sounded great lately, though others have noticed arena mics seem to be taking over announcers at times. I think it's probably significantly louder in there than its been, but a good deal of the 100s still seem dead. 

Anyway, really happen Foligno scored there at the end, he's played great lately. The whole scoresheet looked awesome in terms of the rebuild. I'm fully in Lehner's corner. I remember Hasek being stellar 95% of the time but the other 5% the wheels would really fall off. He's still coming off injury and he'll only get better. I think both goaltenders are going to thrive next year in competition for the #1 spot.

I talked with a guy who was there because it seemed dead in the first period to me, too.  And there were lots of empty seats at the beginning of the game.

Apparently, police had blocked off a sizable portion of Michigan Street and a lot of people were late to the game.  The guy I was talking with missed all three Sabres goals, and then missed the Av goal because the beer line was too long.

The place did get loud for that critical penalty kill, it seemed, though.

The bar I watched at was hopping.  Haven't seen that much excitement over a Sabres game in a couple of years, for sure.

I talked with a guy who was there because it seemed dead in the first period to me, too.  And there were lots of empty seats at the beginning of the game.

Apparently, police had blocked off a sizable portion of Michigan Street and a lot of people were late to the game.  The guy I was talking with missed all three Sabres goals, and then missed the Av goal because the beer line was too long.

The place did get loud for that critical penalty kill, it seemed, though.

The bar I watched at was hopping.  Haven't seen that much excitement over a Sabres game in a couple of years, for sure.

Around game time the feeders to Seneca from Oak St on the I-190 were backed up at least a mile each way. I'm sure there were a few hundred people staring daggars at me as I headed towards Swan. ;)

The rest of the surface streets were clear, but that was a nasty backup trying to get to Michigan.

After the Kane goal, Rob Ray didn't mention Samson's pass at all. AND the broadcast went to a replay before it finished the lineup graphic and I never got to learn who the Avs D-men were. Why do we have to deal with auch an amateurish broadcast team? Isn't it 2016?

Nice game. Glad I finally caught one. Sam and Jack are awesome.

Edited by qwksndmonster

After the Kane goal, Rob Ray didn't mention Samson's pass at all. AND the broadcast went to a replay before it finished the lineup graphic and I never got to learn who the Avs D-men were. Why do we have to deal with auch an amateurish broadcast team? Isn't it 2016?

Nice game. Glad I finally caught one. Sam and Jack are ###### awesome.

It does seem like your pet peeve about missing faceoffs is much better.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.