GDT: Buffalo @ Philadelphia, 7:00 pm est, 2-11-2016

WildCard

Is that Moulson?

Well, the good news is, the Flyers are terrible. Plus, Kane and Simmonds might fight, which would be epic.

haha nope. Shayne Gostisbehere. If he gets a point tonight, he ties the Flyers' franchise record for most consecutive points by a rookie. Then again, the Flyers are 3 straight losses so... he's one of their few bright spots. 

Coworker is a Flyers fan- most of our hockey convos end up on Eichel, Larkin and Ghost Bear. 

My running theory is that he did the work and got paid. Motivation was gone after that.

I really don't think that's the case with Moulson. The effort seems to be there. Could be system I suppose. Hard to figure. Hopefully he can turn it around as I think he's a good team guy with character.

haha nope. Shayne Gostisbehere. If he gets a point tonight, he ties the Flyers' franchise record for most consecutive points by a rookie. Then again, the Flyers are 3 straight losses so... he's one of their few bright spots. 

Coworker is a Flyers fan- most of our hockey convos end up on Eichel, Larkin and Ghost Bear. 

His new ESPN nickname will be Shayne Gostisbehere-so-I-won't-get-fined.

That must be a strange situation now. The super kid and the veteran that can't pee straight. 

The Moulson family and Jack gather round the table for dinner.

Mrs. Moulson scoops out some mashed potatoes and plops a healthy serving to the children before serving herself and then hands them to Matt.

"Hey, Matt." Jack says, "Pass those over this way when you're done."

Matt lifts the bowl with one hand, his feeble wrist buckling under the pressure from the weight of the spud-bowl, and there is a loud crash as the bowl breaks upon impact with the floor leaving a sad, lumpy mess. Matt bows his head and starts crying quietly.

"Daddy-" the child is cut off by a swift hush from Mrs. Moulson.

"You know you don't speak to your father when he's having one of his episodes and don't you dare make eye contact with him tonight."

"Well, I'm sure the food was delicious, Mrs. M, but I'm going to excuse myself and go do something with my life." Jack said and then stood up, did a spin-o-rama and walked out of the room.

End scene.

I really don't think that's the case with Moulson. The effort seems to be there. Could be system I suppose. Hard to figure. Hopefully he can turn it around as I think he's a good team guy with character.

I think it takes that mental edge off. I mean the guy won the lottery, and ya, hockey is fun, but he just can't continue to be an over achiever without that incentive in front of 

Mrs. Moulson scoops out some mashed potatoes and plops a healthy serving to the children before serving herself and then hands them to Matt.

Matt lifts the bowl with one hand, his feeble wrist buckling under the pressure from the weight of the spud-bowl, and there is a loud crash as the bowl breaks upon impact with the floor leaving a sad, lumpy mess. Matt bows his head and starts crying quietly.

"You know you don't speak to your father when he's having one of his episodes and don't you dare make eye contact with him tonight."

"Well, I'm sure the food was delicious, Mrs. M, but I'm going to excuse myself and go do something with my life." Jack said and then stood up, did a spin-o-rama and walked out of the room.

End scene.

Lol, "Why??? Why did I take that kid into my house?!?!?" 

End scene.

This is why I can't quit SabreSpace, despite what the psychiatrists have urged.

Man. That is some classic RJ.

Also, Gibby alert.

He seems to not have aged. Perhaps he is inhuman.

Will this be Sam's 1st game playing center?

Na, he played last game centering the 3rd line. He looked in command and much, much more comfortable there. I'll be watching him closely again tonight, but the initial reaction was is he need to be at center next year

Edited by WildCard

Bylsma is too committed to the old hockey saw of "you have to earn your spot." Phuck that. Play Bailey with Eichel and see what he looks like. If any of his veterans are "offended" by that, Bylsma should just tell them if you REALLY deserve a top six position, you wouldn't have had to rely on an injury to get one. Moulson, DeLo, etc., have no legit claim just because Bailey is a rookie in his first NHL game. I fully expect him to do nothing if he plays 8 minutes with inferior skill around him. 

Bylsma really pisses me off sometimes. 

GO SABRES!!!

Bylsma is too committed to the old hockey saw of "you have to earn your spot." Phuck that. Play Bailey with Eichel and see what he looks like. If any of his veterans are "offended" by that, Bylsma should just tell them if you REALLY deserve a top six position, you wouldn't have had to rely on an injury to get one. Moulson, DeLo, etc., have no legit claim just because Bailey is a rookie in his first NHL game. I fully expect him to do nothing if he plays 8 minutes with inferior skill around him. 

GO SABRES!!!

Right on.

GO SABRES!!!

Don't be ridiculous...Bailey won't see anywhere near 8 minutes ;)

End scene.

That... That was beautiful.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.