Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

I believe I was a lonely minority in the wilderness when I spoke up last year against giving Dareus a fat contract.

$97MM for the centerpiece of the 19th-ranked defense in the NFL last year, who BTW can't be bothered to buy in to the new coach's system or stop himself from getting baked.

Classic Whaley-era Bills -- high draft picks, big contracts and zero meaningful wins to show for it.

Football is the worst sport.

In fairness, it's a pretty good sport. It's the NFL that is the worst league in the world.

I hate that league. So much.

I believe I was a lonely minority in the wilderness when I spoke up last year against giving Dareus a fat contract.

$97MM for the centerpiece of the 19th-ranked defense in the NFL last year, who BTW can't be bothered to buy in to the new coach's system or stop himself from getting baked.

Classic Whaley-era Bills -- high draft picks, big contracts and zero meaningful wins to show for it.

He is a marvelous talent who gives it all when he's on the field.

But, yeah. He's an idiot who won't stop smoking weed, and is too stupid to evade detection.

As for not fitting into Rex's scheme: I don't really blame Whaley for that. My take is that Dareus is the prime example of how the forced pairing of Whaley and Ryan has been a failure to date. Whaley rightly identified a terrific talent, but Rex's vaunted system has peculiar ideas on how that sort of talent should be deployed. Dareus liked life much better under Schwartz - when it was pin back your ears and go.

It also is a better pain killer option than what these guys probably are taking at the insistence of team doctors.

No kidding. 

For the record, I know plenty of extremely athletic people who smoke weed. Like, marathon runners, ironman competitors, weightlifters, on and on. 

They're all in way better shape than me, the guy who drinks the legal nectar. 

I agree with this statement. And on a related note, I have canceled NFL Sunday Ticket. So I'll be watching exactly 1 Bills game this year.

Dear god how did it take you this long to cut that cord? 

In fairness, it's a pretty good sport. It's the NFL that is the worst league in the world.

I ###### hate that league. So much.

He is a marvelous talent who gives it all when he's on the field.

But, yeah. He's an idiot who won't stop smoking weed, and is too stupid to evade detection.

As for not fitting into Rex's scheme: I don't really blame Whaley for that. My take is that Dareus is the prime example of how the forced pairing of Whaley and Ryan has been a failure to date. Whaley rightly identified a terrific talent, but Rex's vaunted system has peculiar ideas on how that sort of talent should be deployed. Dareus liked life much better under Schwartz - when it was pin back your ears and go.

How about "when your employer pays you $97MM, you do what your employer asks, to the best of your ability, while maintaining a positive attitude and taking care not to do anything that would keep you away from your workplace?"

As for Whaley -- a good GM figures out whether a guy will be a good team player and will keep his nose clean before giving that guy a franchise-crippling contract.

It also is a better pain killer option than what these guys probably are taking at the insistence of team doctors.

Lord, yes. The hypocrisy seen in the fact that the NFL allows its teams to push all manner of heavy duty painkillers (including opioids) on the players without regard for their well-being, but then denies them the use of marijuana is just -- I don't know. I'm so over the NFL.

How about "when your employer pays you $97MM, you do what your employer asks, to the best of your ability, while maintaining a positive attitude and taking care not to do anything that would keep you away from your workplace?"

Well, there's that. But I'm also sort of past giving a sh1t about whether these guys are exemplary employees, or even good employees. If Rex's system rankles one of the team's elite talents, then maybe Rex is the idiot.

As for Whaley -- a good GM figures out whether a guy will be a good team player and will keep his nose clean before giving that guy a franchise-crippling contract.

Yes, true. My fatigue here is really with the NFL - not with a guy like Dareus who's personable and fun to watch.

The NFL continues to get more unwatchable for me. If it weren't for fantasy football, I would probably just look up the Bills score. 

I agree. Fantasy is the only thing keeping me in it too. I've gotten to the point where I can't even name 10 players on the Bills roster. 

If I didn't have to run a league, I'd have given up already. 

The streak of what?  Having enough players to field a team?

I know you're joking, but some of those 05-09 Bills teams had probably 3 players that could start on any other team in the league. So that streak isn't very long.

There is something to this.

#Anticipatethenarrative

Even before this offseason, I've long thought that it's going to end in a season where the sky had fallen and doomed everything at some point during April-August. 

Even before this offseason, I've long thought that it's going to end in a season where the sky had fallen and doomed everything at some point during April-August. 

You, sir, are a genius.

Or you might be.

Or you might not be.

But ... there is something to this. I can FEEL it.

I know you're joking, but some of those 05-09 Bills teams had probably 3 players that could start on any other team in the league. So that streak isn't very long.

But at least 1 of them was the punter. :unsure:

:doh:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.