Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Dear god how did it take you this long to cut that cord?

I don't live in the Bills market, so I can't attend games at that shitshow of a stadium, or see the games on CBS, so I have no other choice to see the games. I'm not going to the bar to watch, as I am a recluse. Plus, I get it for free every year by calling and bitching for about 5 minutes. The Bills are not worth my 5 minutes of bitching anymore. I'm not sure they ever have been.

The date was Saturday January the 8th. The Bills had the lead in the 4th quarter. My dad had let us stay home for as long as possible, but it was now time to leave. I had a giant slalom race at Windham mountain on the 9th and we had to leave now to drive out and check into our motel. It's all good I thought, and hopped in the truck. We began our journey with the Bills game on the radio just so we could be sure they won. Christy kicks off and we wait for the remaining 30 seconds to tick off the clock.....

.....NO FLAGS ON THE FIELD!!!

My dad pulled over, and we sat there, dumbfounded for a solid 5 minutes.

And since that day, the Buffalo Bills haven't been worth 2 squirts of piss.

How is it their fault their players get hurt and are morons? Besides Shaq, who would have made a different roster move?

There's a reason the team is getting fined for having multiple players with their second positive. You have to have control. Some players are uncontrollable, but Whaley gave Dareus a HUGE contract and now he's sitting out four games. If you can't control the player don't pay him.

I know you're joking, but some of those 05-09 Bills teams had probably 3 players that could start on any other team in the league. So that streak isn't very long.

He meant not enough players to field a team as in we've got a ton of guys hurt or suspended right now. Not about talent level.

My big reason for placing a ton of blame on the team for most of this stuff is because the way they've acted and talked. They've signed and drafted a ton of guys with character issues and gave huge money to a few. I've wanted the franchise to cut the crap and not be afraid of these types of players, but they took it to a new level and almost seemed like they were actively seeking those types. And then they talked about not muzzling players and letting them be who they are, yadda yadda...

If you're going to do that you've got to own it and be ready to preach discipline or else this happens.

Dareus = some blame on coaches for not preaching more discipline (in fact it's been the opposite), blame on Whaley for handing out All-Pro money to a player who now has two suspensions for three separate incidents (two positive drug tests and the drag race or whatever the got him suspended last season and saw him end up in court)

Lawson = mismanagement. I still love the pick but the team was either extremely dishonest throughout the process or didn't do enough preliminary work before the draft because they changed their minds on surgery once they saw him on the field (and have denied that there was any reinhury during minicamp)

Lawson = domestic violence? Ugh. him. I'm sure the team had no possible way of seeing that one coming, but it's still not a a good look.

Ragland/IK = literally nothing the team could do about either. No fault there.

How about "when your employer pays you $97MM, you do what your employer asks, to the best of your ability, while maintaining a positive attitude and taking care not to do anything that would keep you away from your workplace?"

This is where I am at.  My employer requires I don't do drugs in exchange for a paycheck.  It isn't ridiculous.  It was a condition of employment I signed on to and a commitment I made back to them.  

This is where I am at. My employer requires I don't do drugs in exchange for a paycheck. It isn't ridiculous. It was a condition of employment I signed on to and a commitment I made back to them.

Is there a rationale or need for that policy by your employer? Or do they just like to needlessly police adults like the NFL?

Edited by That Aud Smell

This is where I am at.  My employer requires I don't do drugs in exchange for a paycheck.  It isn't ridiculous.  It was a condition of employment I signed on to and a commitment I made back to them.  

Just because you agreed to it doesn't mean it's not ridiculous.

The NFL's obsession with marijuana is ridiculous.

Dareus's inability to comply with that rule also is ridiculous.

Will always be "the Ralph" in my mind, or even Rich stadium, when a new one is built maybe New Era. Still call it National Airport or Washington National... renaming stuff drives me up a wall.

I still call them Rich and National myself.

Will always be "the Ralph" in my mind, or even Rich stadium, when a new one is built maybe New Era. Still call it National Airport or Washington National... renaming stuff drives me up a wall.

I'll always called it the USSR.

On a serious note: what was the best moment at the Ralph? Is there one? I don't think it could've gone worse.

I honestly think the best moment in the Ralph was when the Pegulas came on the field for the first time after buying the team.

Edited by Hoss

I'll always called it the USSR.

On a serious note: what was the best moment at the Ralph? Is there one? I don't think it could've gone worse.

I honestly think the best moment in the Ralph was when the Pegulas came on the field for the first time after buying the team.

Funny thing is, so, SO many people called the USSR "Russia."  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.