Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

I'm more mad about the Ravens game than the Jets game, to be honest. Although if we win one of those, Roman might not be fired, and we may not have gone on this four game run.

The Ravens game was even steven accept for that one play where Wallace got free for the long TD.    That one was winnable if they had made a couple of plays

I'm more mad about the Ravens game than the Jets game, to be honest. Although if we win one of those, Roman might not be fired, and we may would not have gone on this four game run.

FTFY.

Plus at 1-1 Thurman probably doesn't start calling D plays either. 6-10 w/ the day 1 coaching assignments was a veeeeery real possibility.

Now, take care of business in Miami (& start by double teaming Mario - that jerk is going to play hard exactly twice this year) & see what they can do against the full Cheatriots contingent. 6-2 & the drought has a real chance of being over. The more likely (assuming they do take care of business Sunday) 5-3 still gives them a shot if they stay relatively healthy. Absolutely did not see that coming as the season opened.

You guys have no idea how... lets say ... interesting this whole... patriotic, knee down, support story for people outside the US is...

I know my German friends often marveled at two things, displaying the flag and Christmas lights.

well obviously we are living in different countries with a different history... So I can understand that people living in different countries have a different POV on several things. I can only speak for myself but it seems like I share this opinion with most germans...

It's amazing for us how a country identifies so much over an anthem or over their soldiers. Kaepernick knees during the anthem. In a "land of the free" its amazing how he is "not allowed" to stand up (or knee) for the things he believes in. If you do not agree with him, just accept his opinion. You might have a different one and thats fine. But burning his jerseys or selling shirts with a target on his head kinda works against everything you think you stay for... And btw whats the percentage of people standing up at home during the national anthem?

Edited by Peppy22

well obviously we are living in different countries with a different history... So I can understand that people living in different countries have a different POV on several things. I can only speak for myself but it seems like I share this opinion with most germans...

It's amazing for us how a country identifies so much over an anthem or over their soldiers. Kaepernick knees during the anthem. In a "land of the free" its amazing how he is "not allowed" to stand up (or knee) for the things he believes in. If you do not agree with him, just accept his opinion. You might have a different one and thats fine. But burning his jerseys or selling shirts with a target on his head kinda works against everything you think you stay for... And btw whats the percentage of people standing up at home during the national anthem?

This. I don't think he should kneel but he sure as hell as the right to kneel. 

Edited by LGR4GM

The United States of America is currently in a state of hyper-patriotic nationalism that was cultivated by the government and industry in the wake of the 9-11 terrorist attacks. "Being American" is now a source of profit and a way to get people to blindly support the government when it comes to things like military policing operations in foreign countries and accepting oppressive policy like the Patriot Act. 

It's been posited that there's some Vietnam hangover here related to how we treated vets back then, which has led us to swing too far the other way so that we're practically "worshiping" the ground our servicemen and women walk on. I put worshiping in quotes though, because we're still not taking very good care of our disabled vets. We don't really care about them. We just want to call ourselves "patriots" and wave the flag around a lot like it means something.

I believe we'll snap out of this at some point. More and more people are growing tired of the nationalism that is calling itself patriotism. 21st Century "patriotism" has gotten ugly. 

It was happening way before 9-11. That just sealed the deal.

Yeah, I agree.  Probably goes back to WWII with a brief hiatus during the later 'Nam years.

Break *--* Break

One other tidbit from yesterday.  I don't recall any serious injuries for the Bills in that one.  Staying healthy is the key to this thing.  Look at B'more.  They had a hellacious day, PBurg lost Ben..

Oh an the AFC North was 0-4 yesterday..  Sweet..

Edited by wjag

Eric Wood is eminently likable.

I like Keapernick and respect what he is doing (and it is working).

I find it way more offensive how the armed forces have taken over the opening of these games with there paid for ceremonies. 

The military industrial complex runs everything.  :ph34r:

My sole complaint about Kaepernick's action is that it only serves to alienate the people who most need to hear the message.

The ones that really need to hear the message are the people that set the policies and training that result in the events that create these protests.  Kneeling for a song doesn't alienate those people.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.