Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Does it really matter if he agrees fully with everything?

He said he didn't understand the perspective. If there's a rule he thinks is dumb where he works, then he should understand it. One can agree to a rule in order to have a job and also think that rule is stupid. That's all I was trying to get at.

I think most jobs shouldn't be allowed to drug test at all. Employers shouldn't get to dictate the private lives of their employees. It's a worker's rights issue.

That said, it's not like I've been smoking weed this past month while hunting for a job. Dareus blew it big time. Again.

Except that he didn't -- he still has his $97MM contract, with $60MM guaranteed -- minus whatever the 4 game checks cost him. 

Dareus is fine.  It's the Bills who are hosed -- and as a result of a highly foreseeable situation..

I'll always called it the USSR.

On a serious note: what was the best moment at the Ralph? Is there one? I don't think it could've gone worse.

I honestly think the best moment in the Ralph was when the Pegulas came on the field for the first time after buying the team.

For a best "moment," hands down it's Christie's kick splitting the uprights in OT.

Except that he didn't -- he still has his $97MM contract, with $60MM guaranteed -- minus whatever the 4 game checks cost him.

Dareus is fine. It's the Bills who are hosed -- and as a result of a highly foreseeable situation..

I really don't think it's as bad as you're painting it. And it's definitely not that foreseeable, even though you foresee'd it. I think most GM's lock up the top 3 pick DT capable of racking up 10 sacks that has a weed suspension on the books.

As for the won't play Rex's system thing, I don't really know who's at fault there. My intuition says Rex, considering how much better our D was under Schwartz. I guess time will tell.

I really don't think it's as bad as you're painting it. And it's definitely not that foreseeable, even though you foresee'd it. I think most GM's lock up the top 3 pick DT capable of racking up 10 sacks that has a weed suspension on the books.

As for the won't play Rex's system thing, I don't really know who's at fault there. My intuition says Rex, considering how much better our D was under Schwartz. I guess time will tell.

Oh god, I said "our." Blech. I'm not doing so well at distancing myself from the Bills.

I think most jobs shouldn't be allowed to drug test at all. Employers shouldn't get to dictate the private lives of their employees. It's a worker's rights issue.

The company I work for screens at hiring and if any injuries happen at work. I agree with the former and not so much the latter. We do it for legal purposes.

That being said, I don't want someone high af driving a 5000 lb fork truck or operating a machine capable of dismembering someone.

The company I work for screens at hiring and if any injuries happen at work. I agree with the former and not so much the latter. We do it for legal purposes.

That being said, I don't want someone high af driving a 5000 lb fork truck or operating a machine capable of dismembering someone.

Healthcare folks get drug tested understandably.... Still holes in system though.

are you guys going to have a starting line up ? :P

Absolutely. It's going to be one of those rag tag team of misfits that we see in the movies all the time. Rex has a binder full of players that aren't in the NFL that will be stars if they just get another chance. (see: Necessary Roughness, The Replacements)

How about "when your employer pays you $97MM, you do what your employer asks, to the best of your ability, while maintaining a positive attitude and taking care not to do anything that would keep you away from your workplace?"

As for Whaley -- a good GM figures out whether a guy will be a good team player and will keep his nose clean before giving that guy a franchise-crippling contract.

You mean like the guy that gave Aaron Hernandez a big contract?

I heard some replay of Terry talking at the presser.

He kept pronouncing New Era as "New Ear-eh" as opposed to "New Air-uh." It made me wince every time.

I don't disagree with those who never want him near a microphone again.

That's how the company pronounces it.

EDIT:  I'm pretty sure.

Edited by Eleven

That's how the company pronounces it.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure.

Well then, they pronounce it wrong too. Which is well within their rights to do.

I once knew a girl who worked for Acura and insisted on pronouncing it uh-ker-uh. That was iningfuriating!

Listen to how the New Era CEO pronounces it (~1:00):

Well, I definitely misremembered how he pronounced it from a speech a few years ago, then.

Well then, they pronounce it wrong too. Which is well within their rights to do.

I once knew a girl who worked for Acura and insisted on pronouncing it uh-ker-uh. That was in######ingfuriating!

Nope, my memory is just wrong.

Still defending Whaley, eh?

How many non-playoff seasons is it going to take for you to change your tune on this? 10? 20? 100?

The point is still the same. Stumble onto a franchise quarterback and you become a genius. Till then they all just muddle through. I see tangible results of Whaley's work but I would guess he will get this year and next to end the drought.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.