2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

Wait Justin Faulk is available?  Yes please. 

Also I get the feeling that Sakic doesn't understand he has to actually pay players. 

Friedman later says he highly doubts Faulk is. Signed long term and at a great price. With Staal and Ward likely gone, Faulk kinda falls into the face of that franchise. With how small a market it is and difficulty selling tickets when they're good, Friedman believes they can't lose him

Edited by WildCard

Sabres hfboards seems to want to sign Backes. Anyone else here strongly against that idea?

Yes as many have already pointed out. Also, reason why I haven't frequented hfboards in a long, long time. Too many kids posting from their parents basement...

Backes is in a very unique situation. Somewhere in a playoff thread I think, I said if STL wins the cup they have to re sign him. If they don't, they won't.

Backes has already turned down $5.5M for 3, wanting more and a longer deal.  He's a very good player - unselfish as hell with maximum effort every night but at 32 there's no way he's worth what some franchise is going to give him.  While his grit and toughness would certainly help this organization, it just doesn't seem smart to be paying a 35/36 year old guy that kinda dough when there will be guys needing their first big deal right about the same time he's hitting the wall.

Edited by Alaska Darin

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, but Riga is in his home country and Moscow is not.

This is true. So, are we worried about this? I mean, Zemgus wasn't good last year, but he wasn't so bad that I've lost all hope and want him banished back to Latvia.

Yeah, but Riga is in his home country and Moscow is not.

This is true. So, are we worried about this? I mean, Zemgus wasn't good last year, but he wasn't so bad that I've lost all hope and want him banished back to Latvia.

Not yet. When we hear Ted Nolans has been named Riga's HC, then we hope TM trades his rights to anybody ASAP because he ain't coming back.

She is a very cute girl.  They also haven't posted about each other in well over a year.  (I checked earlier when I made the Riga post.)  

True, but I did see them at Dinner together with her parents at 716 in December. 

She hasn't posted anything since last year but he is still following her and her sister (i think her sister) on twitter. 

Yeah. That to me indicates that they decided to keep more of their private life private. Which, if true, would be commendable (and smart).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.