GDT: Washington @ Buffalo, 7:00 p est, 1-16-2016

WildCard

2nd favorite win this season, only the comeback against the Bruins was cooler.

Eichel is slowing down again, but he still draws penalties, two or three, and has spurts of what we like to see out of him.

They actually played a complete game tonight, I'm going to miss the Risto-Ovi dual until next year. Aside from Risto-Lucic, ts my favorite match-up to see.

I think Moulson had 1 nice shift tonight, then faded into nothingness. Legwand and Gionta both looked solid for our geezer corp. 

Kane and Bogo have been playing more physical, and when they do it shows.

Pysyk is awesome, Risto was great, and even Weber wasn't half bad. Honestly after his return from injury, Weber has looked rather competent and capable.

Great game guys!!

2nd favorite win this season, only the comeback against the Bruins was cooler.

Eichel is slowing down again, but he still draws penalties, two or three, and has spurts of what we like to see out of him.

They actually played a complete game tonight, I'm going to miss the Risto-Ovi dual until next year. Aside from Risto-Lucic, ts my favorite match-up to see.

I think Moulson had 1 nice shift tonight, then faded into nothingness. Legwand and Gionta both looked solid for our geezer corp. 

Kane and Bogo have been playing more physical, and when they do it shows.

Pysyk is awesome, Risto was great, and even Weber wasn't half bad. Honestly after his return from injury, Weber has looked rather competent and capable.

Great game guys!!

Good to see they are finnaly calling some penalties on him.

And it starts all over again, Chad in goal, Robin in goal, Chad in goal, Robin in goal, Chad in goal, Robin in goal..

###### is DB doing. Give one goalie the shot, and ###### go with it. ######!

Dude.  Lehner is the #1.  But with back to backs, especially with Lehner coming off injury, you just know they were going to switch up for this game.  Don't get your panties in a knot.

:P

wtf, weird D matches.

Bogo - risto

Pysyk - weber

Franson - McCabe

With Gorges gone, the logical top pair guy becomes Bogo or Pysyk, but with Pysyk so fresh off injury, he went with Bogo.

Has Bogo ever played on the left side?

Yes, but he said he doesn't like it.

Not sure why Doug Allen gets a bad rap.  Guy hasn't missed a note in about 500 tries.

I like the guy.  Just enough flair without messing up the anthem.

Seeing Schaller and Verrone out there at the same time reminded me of last year.

And yet, they both scored tonight.  Maybe our AHL corral isn't as depleted as we thought.

Varone has to be considered at least tertiary scoring, I would imagine.

Quinary

SOmetimes its fun catching up late on the game day thread.   :w00t:  :P

Tell me about it.  Just getting caught up now.

Is Washington giving us a pity puck?

:flirt:

Hate 2 goal leads

WE WANT THREE! 

(Yes, I know we got it.)

Same. When I see other games I don't see many bottom-pairing defensemen that play better than he has been.

I wonder if it's because he's played "above his station" at times during the tank. He looked bad when he was forced to do that, but now that he's playing where he ought to be, he's better for it.

I just think if it's really that big of a deal then Eichel isn't the guy we hope he is.

JACK EICHEL WILL BE FINE.

He's played a hella lot better than Samson did last year, and look at Samson this year.  As I recall, Reinhart wasn't looked at as doing particularly well in the A.  Transition to the pro game can be tough.  Remember also that Jack had very little time off this summer.  He must be mentally and emotionally exhausted already.

So Pysyk looks like a really important cog in the machine.

I've had a man crush on Pysyk for over two years now.  He really is a great Dman.

How did Pysyk look?

He really is a great Dman.

Most satisfying win of the season?

Not even close to beating the Bruins after being down two goals in the third.

JACK EICHEL WILL BE FINE.

He's played a hella lot better than Samson did last year, and look at Samson this year. As I recall, Reinhart wasn't looked at as doing particularly well in the A. Transition to the pro game can be tough. Remember also that Jack had very little time off this summer. He must be mentally and emotionally exhausted already.

Context sir :)

I was replying to a post asserting how important Moulson's mentorship may be.

I'm going to miss the Risto-Ovi dual until next year. Aside from Risto-Lucic, ts my favorite match-up to see.

Rhino (Risto) is our giant killer, that's for sure.  And it looks like he really enjoys the role.  Part of the problem with the recent past is that aside from Kaleta, no one on the team seemed to relish the rough stuff.  Rhino (that's the nickname he's earning), embraces it as a natural part of the game, but not in an emotional "I hate you" sense, but more in a matter-of-fact "I will destroy you" sense.  No emotion; ice in his veins; I will destroy you and that's the end of it.

Context sir :)

I was replying to a post asserting how important Moulson's mentorship may be.

Forgive me.  I'm trying to answer an entire 10-page GDT in one sitting.

One of the best wins all season and people still bitchin

When you're the band "Europe", you love The Final Countdown.  It's what you do.  When you're a Buffalo sports fan, you bitch.  It's what you do.

So... anybody miss Gorges?

No, but I don't mind him when he's in there either.  Still, I expect his importance on the team (and how much he plays on the first line) will wane.

No, but I don't mind him when he's in there either. Still, I expect his importance on the team (and how much he plays on the first line) will wane.

It showed tonight what a difference it makes when you have defensemen who can win puck retrievals. It all starts with retrievals and first passes, Gorges is awful at both due to how awfully slow he his.

I won't argue with you, but I think we have Gorges whether we like it or not.  Early in the year he was a good pairing, from a mentorship perspective, for Risto.  Maybe that will change and he'll become more of a bottom line guy (especially if we trade Franson as has been suggested in the trade thread).

One of the best wins all season and people still bitchin

I'm pissed because it's the 2nd game I missed this year. Now I have to wait 10 more games before I get to see another entertaining game. 

And it starts all over again, Chad in goal, Robin in goal, Chad in goal, Robin in goal, Chad in goal, Robin in goal..

###### is DB doing. Give one goalie the shot, and ###### go with it. ######!

Johnson's save percentage has been through the roof the last three months. He's probably sitting back thinking "what do I need to do to earn a starting job somewhere?" 

I'm not seeing what others are seeing in Larsson. He seems like another Daniel Paille to me.

Paille was a first round pick bust/convert who had to change organizations to succeed. Johan is doing precisely what hes being asked to do. Play a 3rd line agitating shutdown role. Could he chip on more offense, sure. I think that will come with better linemates. 12 & 82 aren't exactly lighting the lamp either this season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.