GDT: Washington @ Buffalo, 7:00 p est, 1-16-2016

WildCard

Rhino (Risto) is our giant killer, that's for sure.  And it looks like he really enjoys the role.  Part of the problem with the recent past is that aside from Kaleta, no one on the team seemed to relish the rough stuff.  Rhino (that's the nickname he's earning), embraces it as a natural part of the game, but not in an emotional "I hate you" sense, but more in a matter-of-fact "I will destroy you" sense.  No emotion; ice in his veins; I will destroy you and that's the end of it.

Forgive me.  I'm trying to answer an entire 10-page GDT in one sitting.

Yes, and with his blond hair he reminds me of Ivan Drago!

So... anybody miss Gorges?

I think the worst part about Gorges this year is all the penalty minutes he draws.   When your team is 24th in the league in penalty kill, that's not the best place to be. 

From a +/-, he's only -4.   Which is good for this team.  Eichel is -13 already.    

BTW, what a GREAT win, and awesome bounce back from a tepid display against hated Boston on Friday. 

Edited by Jsixspd

Let us not forget beerme and MODO

:beer: Cheers dude

I'm sad that I forgot beerme. We've got a whole beer league top line.

Sorry but I'm more like a scout now!

20:00 WSH Tom Wilson  Roughing  - 2 min against  Sam Reinhart 20:00 BUF

Sam Reinhart  Roughing  - 2 min against  Tom Wilson

Hope someone takes care of that in the third.

Foligno heard you! The crowd in the library as someone referred to it earlier roared and stood up and cheered Marcus.

I won't argue with you, but I think we have Gorges whether we like it or not.  Early in the year he was a good pairing, from a mentorship perspective, for Risto.  Maybe that will change and he'll become more of a bottom line guy (especially if we trade Franson as has been suggested in the trade thread).

I'm good with Gorges in the bottom three but I gotta tell you Risto is the beast. It was fun watching him look for confrontation as opposed to it finding him. This kid is a jewel! If Josh helps him in that manner all the better.

I could not believe that Schaller sniped it over him.

And that was a snipe.

Doubt Matt Ellis could have made that shot, or created that space on the breakaway.

I know Schaller's not a fan-fave here, but he is better at Matty Ice at almost everything.

I'm just fine with him being a fourth-line centre.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.