Pysyk is Back

bob_sauve28

ugh.  Hopefully it's just a matter of getting him back up to speed, maybe DB sees he's not quite there yet?

Maybe he just wanted the pairs in practice to be solidly LHD - RHD, all the way down through 4 pairs.

Josh - Rasmus

Jake - Zach

Mike - Cody

Carlo - Mark

Maybe he just wanted the pairs in practice to be solidly LHD - RHD, all the way down through 4 pairs.

Josh - Rasmus

Jake - Zach

Mike - Cody

Carlo - Mark

Or, more likely, he's taking a 'it's not broke, don't fix it' approach to the skaters from the last 2 games. Expect he'll run w/ these combos until they lose 1. Stinks for Pysyk, but he'll be back in the lineup before too long.

Or, more likely, he's taking a 'it's not broke, don't fix it' approach to the skaters from the last 2 games. Expect he'll run w/ these combos until they lose 1. Stinks for Pysyk, but he'll be back in the lineup before too long.

I think that approach makes sense. If you are winning, why change things?

Funnily enough though, Ullmark had been a key component in our last two wins, and he was sent down. Guess they didn't have much choice, though.

Funnily enough though, Ullmark had been a key component in our last two wins, and he was sent down. Guess they didn't have much choice, though.

That wasn't DD's call, player moves are the GM's prerogative. 

I suppose they had at least some kind of choice on the matter.  They've currently got a roster of 22, right?  As far as I can remember, they're not carrying an extra forward right now, with Ennis and Deslauriers both listed as on IR.  It's not idea, but they could have carried all three goalies if they really wanted to ride Ullmark for a few more games.

My rebuttal: if you can make the on-ice roster better, why wouldn't you? Besides, we've won 2 games, not like we're on a 10 game streak here.

My rebuttal: if you can make the on-ice roster better, why wouldn't you? Besides, we've won 2 games, not like we're on a 10 game streak here.

Ya, that makes sense too. But I think Bylsma is basically just saying he doesn't want to demote anyone while we are currently winning, a player that has been apart of those wins. Right or wrong, I think it's more about him not wanting to demote. I think he obviously thinks Pysyk will help when in.

No matter now, I'm sure he'll be back tomorrow, after tonight's loss.

Pysyk and Weber may be the best third pair in the league.

Franson and McCabe are not a strong second pair.

If Risto and Bogo continue to roll, it will be interesting to see how Dan fits Gorges back in.

Haven't read through the GDT yet but I'm assuming Weber is getting a ton of praise.  Last game may have been the best game from Weber I've ever seen.  Coincidence this happens while playing with Pysyk?  McCabe has been pretty good overall but he was playing his best hockey when paired with Pysyk as well.  Guy is good.  Sneaky good.  The Reinhart of the D.

Pysyk had the Carubba Collision last night. A lot of those are just big hits but last night Pysyk stopped a very dangerous looking rush by Duclair in its tracks.

He also broke up a 2-on-1 with a poke check before it even got started. He reads plays so well that he figures out what opponents are going to do before they do.

Pysyk had the Carubba Collision last night. A lot of those are just big hits but last night Pysyk stopped a very dangerous looking rush by Duclair in its tracks.

He also broke up a 2-on-1 with a poke check before it even got started. He reads plays so well that he figures out what opponents are going to do before they do.

His intelligence really does stand out. Nothing fancy in his game, but he is almost always on the right side of the play.

Haven't read through the GDT yet but I'm assuming Weber is getting a ton of praise. Last game may have been the best game from Weber I've ever seen. Coincidence this happens while playing with Pysyk? McCabe has been pretty good overall but he was playing his best hockey when paired with Pysyk as well. Guy is good. Sneaky good. The Reinhart of the D.

I'm not going to sprain my elbow patting myself on the back here but several of us have been calling for Weber to be paired up with a skater/passer. Mike can clear the crease and blast guys and Pisser can handle the puck.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.