GDT: Florida @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 1/5/2015

WildCard

I said it last time we played the Panthers, an ideal scenario here is Jagr netting a goal or two and the Sabres winning. Last time he scored and the Sabres lost so we were half way there. The man is an absolute legend. He's 7 goals away from surpassing Brett Hull as the #3 all-time goal scorer and anyone who knocks Brett Hull down a peg is a friend in my book.

Lehner and Pysyk confirmed as being sent to Rochester for conditioning stints by Bylsma. Hopefully they return much sooner than later. I want Pysyk's zone clearing passes back and a real look at Lehner as the #1.

Does anyone know off the top of their head the max amount of games players are eligible for conditioning?

He's most suited for D-Lo's game but as someone else stated he's on an Amerk contract. Not sure of the Sabres contract count but I'd have to imagine they would only add his contract if D-Lo was out for the season.

Oooooh >ink checks amerks sched<

Odds would be good they'd be in the lineup this Friday.  I'll be there as I stated in the Amerks thread.  I have 3 tickets I still need to offload as my penalty for having a kid skate a scrimmage ahead of the game... let me know!

Hopefully I can catch some of the game tonight.  

DB kept spelling "Sabers" when googling for the board. Chz must have straightened him out.

lol.

Interesting article on Aleksander Barkov and how the Panther's gambled and won

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/aleksander-barkov-draft-risk-pays-of-for-panthers-165156533.html

"After the Colorado Avalanche took Nathan MacKinnon with the No. 1 pick in the NHL Draft, it came down to two prospects at No. 2: do-it-all center Aleksander Barkov from Finland or slick defenseman Seth Jones of Texas.

“We had some young defensemen already in the mix, we thought our biggest need was – it was close. It came down to Barkov and Jones,” Tallon said."

Barkov+ Ekblad > Reinhart/Bennett/Draisaitl + Jones at this point, imo. Good stuff for the Panthers.

I said it last time we played the Panthers, an ideal scenario here is Jagr netting a goal or two and the Sabres winning. Last time he scored and the Sabres lost so we were half way there. The man is an absolute legend. He's 7 goals away from surpassing Brett Hull as the #3 all-time goal scorer and anyone who knocks Brett Hull down a peg is a friend in my book.

Does anyone know off the top of their head the max amount of games players are eligible for conditioning?

14 days.

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 5m5 minutes ago

Defense pairings:

Gorges-Ristolainen

McCabe-Bogosian

Colaiacovo-Franson

Weber-Pysyk #FLAvsBUF

AM skate Sabres lines:

Kane-O'Reilly-Reinhart

Moulson-Larsson-Gionta

Girgensons-Eichel-McGinn

Foligno-Schaller-Legwand

That might be the most intriguing line pairings i've seen out of DDB this year. Besides for the obvious hatred of having Schaller (Matt Ellis 2.0) in the lineup, I can get behind these combos.

Excited to see it.

...I like those lines. Only took 38 games :lol:

Haha my point exactly!

"Conditioning Loans

A player can be sent to the AHL on a conditioning loan with his consent without having to clear waivers. He can't spend more than 14 days on this conditioning loan though. He'll continue counting against the team's roster and cap limits. He can also be sent on a long term injury/illness exception where he won't count against the roster limit, but he can't be sent on one until he's been hurt for 14 days/6 games. The long-term loan can only last six days or three games, although a team can request an extension to be approved by the commissioner."

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2013/7/26/4548948/getting-to-know-the-cba-episode-7-waivers

Edited by LGR4GM

14 days.

"Conditioning Loans

A player can be sent to the AHL on a conditioning loan with his consent without having to clear waivers. He can't spend more than 14 days on this conditioning loan though. He'll continue counting against the team's roster and cap limits. He can also be sent on a long term injury/illness exception where he won't count against the roster limit, but he can't be sent on one until he's been hurt for 14 days/6 games. The long-term loan can only last six days or three games, although a team can request an extension to be approved by the commissioner."

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2013/7/26/4548948/getting-to-know-the-cba-episode-7-waivers

Thank you. I imagine Pysyk only needs a game, Lehner maybe 2? I want Lehner to come back just so Ullmark can be sent down and turn the Amerks around, get a good run going as I'm sure he's learned so much being thrown into the fire unexpectedly

...I like those lines. Only took 38 games :lol:

So stoked right now, those lines are nearly perfect. It'll be great seeing good lines live  

I can't think of a modern athlete who's near his equal -- in terms of being effective in top flight play for so (so (so)) long.  

Well played sir.

Mariano Rivera and Brett Favre are all I can come up with.

Big Papi and Mayweather too

I'd rather have Weber on the ice than Cola unless Weber needs a maintenance day or something.

Disagree. Cola is not physical, but he brings much more offense and can bring the puck up the ice

So stoked right now, those lines are nearly perfect. It'll be great seeing good lines live  

Disagree. Cola is not physical, but he brings much more offense and can bring the puck up the ice

Those lines will be split up by the 2nd period. 

Thank you. I imagine Pysyk only needs a game, Lehner maybe 2? I want Lehner to come back just so Ullmark can be sent down and turn the Amerks around, get a good run going as I'm sure he's learned so much being thrown into the fire unexpectedly

I'd give pysyk a week and I give Lehner all the time I am allowed. Lehner hasn't played hockey much in almost a year.

Agreed on Colaiacovo. This team looked better early on when he was in the lineup. 

I refuse to count Mayweather because he ducked Manny until he was well past his prime and no longer a legitimate threat.

We'll be saying in about Tom Brady sooner than later. I feel like he'll end up playing forever.

Modern quarterbacks are cheating because they're not allowed to be hit. Favre was so impressive because he started when touching the QB wasn't an automatic penalty.

I refuse to count Mayweather because he ducked Manny until he was well past his prime and no longer a legitimate threat.

Modern quarterbacks are cheating because they're not allowed to be hit. Favre was so impressive because he started when touching the QB wasn't an automatic penalty.

Not a bad point, but you still see guys deteriorate in this era much quicker than Brady. He's been on top, is currently on top, and will be on top for a long time. As much as it hurts to think about.

Agreed on Colaiacovo. This team looked better early on when he was in the lineup.

No editorializing, and stat is totally in a vacuum. And not looking at which they both played. (And not checking which 2 L's were the SO L's.) Strictly as FYI:

Sabres record w/ Colaiacovo : 8-11 Sabre games w/ 4+ goals: 6; 3+: 9

Sabres record w/ Weber: 7-14 Sabre games w/ 4+ goals: 2; 3+: 7

No editorializing, and stat is totally in a vacuum. And not looking at which they both played. (And not checking which 2 L's were the SO L's.) Strictly as FYI:

Sabres record w/ Colaiacovo : 8-11 Sabre games w/ 4+ goals: 6; 3+: 9

Sabres record w/ Weber: 7-14 Sabre games w/ 4+ goals: 2; 3+: 7

I'm not saying they were better. Just that they looked better.  :P

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.