GDT: Florida @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 1/5/2015

WildCard

I think you're on to something here. I noticed it Tuesday night (and seem to remember it other times) that the D don't skate down past the goal circles very often until the third and the Sabres are down by 2+. Florida scored and suddenly Risto is skating down below the goal trying to make things happen. I suppose it could be Risto taking things into his own hands, but I have to think it's coaching.

Would be very interested in seeing if that is due to a lack of trust in the goalies, or if it is inherent in DB's system. After Lehner is back ~1 month, hopefully we'll get that answer. (And hopefully, it is Lehner is playing well enough to give the D confidence that an odd man rush, & especially a breakaway, isn't fatal. If he plays strong, the O will pick up (unless hanging D back is inherent; considering they do join the rush when desperation sets in, hoping that isn't the case).

While we're talking about Sabres goalies, anyone notice Neuvirth is 2nd in the league in save percentage?

He was the most talented of the tank goalies.

I'd also say the 2nd best goalie we've had since Hasek (Lehner gets incomplete).

But that might push talk back to a certain ex-Spartan again.

He was the most talented of the tank goalies.

I'd also say the 2nd best goalie we've had since Hasek (Lehner gets incomplete).

But that might push talk back to a certain ex-Spartan again.

And we could have had him for just money.  Not a first round pick.  He's having a heck of a year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.