John Rigas dying from cancer - release him from prison?

SDS

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/adelphias-rigas-asks-for-release-from-prison-20151214

Doctor says 1-6 months to live. I'm fine not paying for a 91 year old man to sit in prison as he counts his final days.

Any chance Timmy can get those 6 months added to his sentence? ;)

No problem w/ letting John out a little early.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/adelphias-rigas-asks-for-release-from-prison-20151214

Doctor says 1-6 months to live. I'm fine not paying for a 91 year old man to sit in prison as he counts his final days.

He'll probably cost taxpayers money once outside prison as well.. just not as much.  So I guess it's a positive.

You still mad about Peca?

Not really. (Though I'd expect you could still push the buttons to make it seem that way. ;))

Can't say I've given the criminals much thought the past few years. Don't give Golisano much thought either.

You still get your dander up over your hometown boys going to jail?

Call me cold hearted, but I don't harbor any concern that he may die in a jail cell.  

Agreed. He's a criminal. In a country where white collar crime is already treated with kid gloves, I'm hardly interested in giving concessions to an offender who actually got what he deserved. 

Agreed. He's a criminal. In a country where white collar crime is already treated with kid gloves, I'm hardly interested in giving concessions to an offender who actually got what he deserved. 

You don't think he was made an example of? Where are the criminals of the financial meltdown in 2008?

Not really. (Though I'd expect you could still push the buttons to make it seem that way. ;))

Can't say I've given the criminals much thought the past few years. Don't give Golisano much thought either.

You still get your dander up over your hometown boys going to jail?

How dare you accuse me of being a Coudy man.

I'd let any 90 year old who's dying and no danger, and who's served significant time, out. Humanity first, for me. Justice isn't served by him dying in jail anymore than it has or hasn't been already. He has a family. He loved and was loved. He did bad things.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.