Buffalo to Host World Juniors in 2018

That Aud Smell

Hosting the World Junoirs once was very cool. When you've done well enough to have them come back a second time (and hopefully more after that), you're really doing well. Hats off to Buffalo and the Pegulas - Center of the Hockey Universe!

It's pretty cool they are hosting it again. I bet harbor Centre helps. Really like the rising feeling Buffalo has right now.

Gonna be in Finland this year. I wonder if our Swedish friend from Modo will make the trek.

GO SABRES!!!

I heard the Finns are nastier as a lot than the Swedes.

Or, maybe I had that precisely wrong?

I forget.

God. I would LOVE to go to the World Jr's in Finland, etc.

I heard the Finns are nastier as a lot than the Swedes.

Or, maybe I had that precisely wrong?

I forget.

God. I would LOVE to go to the World Jr's in Finland, etc.

Visited Helsinki years ago. IIRC, at the time they had the highest rate of alcoholism per capita in the world. Must be all that Seasonal Affective Disorder. Quite the hearty lot. Had a great time. 

GO SABRES!!!

I completely blew it ... confusing last year / Toronto with this year.

Helsinki is just a stones throw (in the curling sense) from Toronto, anyway. 

GO SABRES!!!

Visited Helsinki years ago. IIRC, at the time they had the highest rate of alcoholism per capita in the world. Must be all that Seasonal Affective Disorder. Quite the hearty lot. Had a great time.

GO SABRES!!!

Helsinki is just a stones throw (in the curling sense) from Toronto, anyway.

GO SABRES!!!

I get confused easily. I forgot the earth isn't flat. See my 2nd amendment, climate change and raptor Jesus posts. I am a round earth denier.

Even I crack me up!

Edited by N'eo

• 5 months later...

According to @john_wawrow there will not be a NHL outdoor game to coincide with the outdoor game that will be played in the World Junior

:(

Cool at least we get Ovi-Crosby for the Winter Classic in 2018

We definitely need that for the 5 millionth time. Glad they didn't go with the Eichel-Matthews matchup, that would have just plain sucked.

(Yes, sarcasm)

According to @john_wawrow there will not be a NHL outdoor game to coincide with the outdoor game that will be played in the World Junior

:(

Cool at least we get Ovi-Crosby for the Winter Classic in 2018

God I hate this league Edited by WildCard

• 4 months later...

22s

Press conf. Fri. in Buffalo. @usahockey to "reveal significant developments" regarding the '18 World Juniors. Pegulas, Eichel will be there.

I thought they already announced it would be in BUF and have an outdoor game.   What is this all about I wonder?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.