Buffalo to Host World Juniors in 2018

That Aud Smell

Did anybody here attend the first Winter Classic in Buffalo?   I'm considering making plans to attend the WJC outdoor game, but would like to know what the experience was like, thanks.

I did.

It was fun. Mostly.

The irony: My group agonized over going to the stadium for the Winter Classic, since most of those in our group had sworn off going to the stadium (they had had their fill of drunks, fights, bad behaviour). So, we go. And we're all having a groovy time. Our seats are not really all that good - but who cares. Then, half way through the first period, a group of 5 or 6 makes their way into the row behind us - the nearest of them is sitting maybe 4 or 5 people away. I learned that day that it is far better to have a fat, drunk, belligerent stooge sitting IN FRONT of you than it is behind you. The guy fairly ruined the second period for us. He was 86'd before the 3rd period, but not before several people had to scramble to catch him before he fell on a woman sitting directly in front of him.

• 7 months later...

I have a tough time believing that Nylander will not be there for Sweden, unless by some miracle he's in the NHL by then and we all know thats not happening. He didn't get named to the summer roster but i wonder if it was because they wanted to look at other options incase Nylander is not there because Sweden's forwards look very weak right now. Since their forwards are their weak spot and Linus Weissbach has been playing well well in Sweden and for Tri-City after he came to NA, i would also be shocked if he wasn't on Sweden's roster.

Assuming Weissbach go to college and turn into Justin Jokinen that is.

• 2 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.