GDT: Buffalo @ St.Louis, 8:00 pm est, 11/19/2015

WildCard

I have said this before as well.  The other thing is that while we improved personnel wise, it wasn't as great a leap as some think.  The fact that Weber, Gorges, Gionta, Moulson, Larrson, Cola and Johnson are playing major roles is indicative that some patience is required for the other talent in our system to develop and to draft some more.  They are vastly improved in discipline and effort and there is plenty of flashes of potential.  But we are still outgunned by a lot of the upper echelon teams we wish to challenge.

Major roles?

Weber and Cola a spare parts and Larsson is a young player who remains in the bottom six despite injuries. Johnson's role is only due to injury. Moulson would be in a similar role on pretty much any team in the league and Gionta's ice time is more about the coach than not having other options.

Gorges on the top pairing is the only thing that really supports your argument.

Major roles?

Weber and Cola a spare parts and Larsson is a young player who remains in the bottom six despite injuries. Johnson's role is only due to injury. Moulson would be in a similar role on pretty much any team in the league and Gionta's ice time is more about the coach than not having other options.

Gorges on the top pairing is the only thing that really supports your argument.

That the aforementioned are on the roster speaks to the talent level and its state.  We scoff at the Oil but they have talent.  Chicago dumps a premier young gun for a great prospect and picks up a stud in Panarin.  Kutznezov is a depth player at the moment and is going to be a star.  A top line of ROR Moulson and Gionta is not a top line.  Ennis, Larrson and Foligno is a 4th.  We are loaded with young centers a few promising d, and a lot of mediorce players thereafter.

That the aforementioned are on the roster speaks to the talent level and its state.  We scoff at the Oil but they have talent.  Chicago dumps a premier young gun for a great prospect and picks up a stud in Panarin.  Kutznezov is a depth player at the moment and is going to be a star.  A top line of ROR Moulson and Gionta is not a top line.  Ennis, Larrson and Foligno is a 4th.  We are loaded with young centers a few promising d, and a lot of mediorce players thereafter.

Larsson and Foligno are solid 3rd line guys , Ennis is a 2nd line player.   Moulson and Gionta don't belong on the 1st line though.

I'll be flying back from Dallas during this one.  Was strange watching the Sabres vs. Stars game in a sports bar in Dallas.  No one even cared it was on.  Sigh.

I was hoping I'd still be here so I could go watch them play the Stars but alas that did not happen.

I feel so out of touch being away for a few days.

Go Sabres... 

we miss you too, LTS.....welcome back-  :rolleyes:

Stop with your Ray-isms and speak English.

like "acrosst" ?

Larsson and Foligno are solid 3rd line guys , Ennis is a 2nd line player.   Moulson and Gionta don't belong on the 1st line though.

I could not have responded the way you did. I would have had some, how you say, added value in my choice of words. Ennis on the fourth line he said. Yeesh.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.