GDT:Sabres at Islanders 11/1/2015, 7:30 pm

nfreeman

Here's the executive summary: one end zone in the upper deck, part of one corner of the upper deck and one corner section in the club level are unacceptable for everyone except mustache's meathead buddy, or perhaps anyone willing to pay a deep discount to be in the arena and see 3/4 of the ice. The rest of the seats are very good. The upper deck is closer in than in most new arenas.

The crowd is a bit sparse -- probably 2/3 full and at least as many Sabres jerseys as Isles jerseys. Still, it's only their fifth or so game here and the Mets are in the WS tonight. (And the marathon was today, which screwed up traffic all day.). I do think they will need to grow a Brooklyn fan base in order to fill the arena consistently.

The food at the arena is excellent for arena food.

The Isles have had the decided edge in play. Leddy looks like the fastest guy on the ice. The Isles have been able to clear the zone pretty easily. Ullmark looks good though. Pysyk coughed it up just prior to the Isles' goal.

Here's the executive summary: one end zone in the upper deck, part of one corner of the upper deck and one corner section in the club level are unacceptable for everyone except mustache's meathead buddy, or perhaps anyone willing to pay a deep discount to be in the arena and see 3/4 of the ice. The rest of the seats are very good. The upper deck is closer in than in most new arenas.

The crowd is a bit sparse -- probably 2/3 full and at least as many Sabres jerseys as Isles jerseys. Still, it's only their fifth or so game here and the Mets are in the WS tonight. (And the marathon was today, which screwed up traffic all day.). I do think they will need to grow a Brooklyn fan base in order to fill the arena consistently.

The food at the arena is excellent for arena food.

The Isles have had the decided edge in play. Leddy looks like the fastest guy on the ice. The Isles have been able to clear the zone pretty easily. Ullmark looks good though. Pysyk coughed it up just prior to the Isles' goal.

If you mean the giveaway breakout pass, wasn't that Eichel?

There appears to be a ton of seats on the Islanders side of the blue line with no one there.  I see a car taking up prime ticket spots.  Weird. 

That really strikes me as a euro league look or something. That is really weird.

When your net comes off like that can you pull your goalie with no repercussions? 

Interesting. I have no idea.

I haven't had much of a problem with this game so far. The only thing that jumps out is how having Ennis back totally spoiled the lines.

It really seems that way. None of the lines have great chemistry tonight.

Way too many defensive errors. On for another goal tonight, sliding on the ice and taking himself out of the play.

Yep. Looks like I jinxed him in the second.

I haven't noticed many defensive issues earlier in the season.

I'll have to take a closer look.

We are really looking like a team playing its fourth game in six nights.

They say the Isles are ill though, so hopefully we can push through.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.