GDT:Sabres at Islanders 11/1/2015, 7:30 pm

nfreeman

That does not look like an NHL arena.

Go Sabres!

It was built only for basketball.  To fit a rink in, it has to be skewed (off-center).  That's why the camera is at the blue line instead of center ice.  Also, the scoreboard hangs over one of the blue lines.  And, there are about 1500 obstructed view seats off to camera left.  It's just a bad, bad place for hockey.

It was built only for basketball.  To fit a rink in, it has to be skewed (off-center).  That's why the camera is at the blue line instead of center ice.  Also, the scoreboard hangs over one of the blue lines.  And, there are about 1500 obstructed view seats off to camera left.  It's just a bad, bad place for hockey.

Luckily, we can all have confidence that the NHL won't let a team linger where it doesn't belong  :angel:

I'm not sure, yet, what to make of this, but when I watch other games, I generally don't see games with the same pace and sense of urgency as I do with Sabres games this season.

Maybe it's me, but it seems since the Sabres are playing at a higher tempo this year, the opposing teams are matching (of course), but, again it's a higher energy level per game compared to other teams throughout the league.

I'm not sure, yet, what to make of this, but when I watch other games, I generally don't see games with the same pace and sense of urgency as I do with Sabres games this season.

Maybe it's me, but it seems since the Sabres are playing at a higher tempo this year, the opposing teams are matching (of course), but, again it's a higher energy level per game compared to other teams throughout the league.

Until this game.  Seems to me that the energy level isn't as high tonight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.