Let's talk about Yeichel

Stads

Rick can say whatever he wants.  He's earned every respect possible.  

Is it wrong that he has a grandfatherly quality to me?  At this stage in his career/life I find his gaffs quaint.  We'll talk fondly of them when he's no longer able to do these games.

Fast forward four years from next June. The KeyBank Arena crowd stands as one as the Conn Smythe Trophy is delicately placed on the table. Then the chant begins. YEI-CHEL! YEI-CHEL! YEI-CHEL! YEI-CHEL! YEI-CHEL! YEI-CHEL! YEI-CHEL! YEI-CHEL!

By then, I hope RJ has been retired for a few years and Yeichel has been erased from the lexicon.

Fast forward four years from next June. The KeyBank Arena crowd stands as one as the Conn Smythe Trophy is delicately placed on the table. Then the chant begins. YEI-CHEL! YEI-CHEL! YEI-CHEL! YEI-CHEL! YEI-CHEL! YEI-CHEL! YEI-CHEL! YEI-CHEL!

I can't even begin to imagine the amount of alcohol I'd have to consume for this to happen.

RJ is one of my biggest idols... If not the biggest... No chance I'm letting him off the hook on this though. The call is trash and has gotten to the point where I lose some excitement when he makes the call.

He's recovering from cancer, getting older, his voice can't hit the same reflection everyone came to know and love. This is as much excitement as he can get in his voice nowadays, maybe the Y gives him a "boost" so to speak?

RJ is one of my biggest idols... If not the biggest... No chance I'm letting him off the hook on this though. The call is trash and has gotten to the point where I lose some excitement when he makes the call.

Whoever is calling the goal could shout out "popeye's chicken is fricken' awesome!" after an Eichel goal and it wouldn't affect my enthusiasm. It's a Sabres/Eichel goal!! The call is always secondary. Sure great calls can add to it and make goals even better, but they can't take away from the base excitement, for me.

Whoever is calling the goal could shout out "popeye's chicken is fricken' awesome!" after an Eichel goal and it wouldn't affect my enthusiasm. It's a Sabres/Eichel goal!! The call is always secondary. Sure great calls can add to it and make goals even better, but they can't take away from the base excitement, for me.

This

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.