GDT: Montréal @ Buffalo, 7:00pm edt, 10/23/2015

Doohickie

Well I never did this for the last 2 years and stayed till the bitter end for every game I watched during the tank but for this one I'm out. My expectations are a little more than what I'm hearing and what I'm hearing sounds like shite. See y'all tomorrow. G'nite. 

This game should be 7-7.

Yea, this is how I feel.

I can see the frustration in a lot of these guys. SOOOOO close so many times. Reinhart's near miss early, Zemgus move that got caught in the crowd, Kane off the post and Foligno stopped by a stick on the open net... These are plays they've got to make. I don't want them to think "we're so close, it'll happen eventually." Make it happen.

This is exactly what I want them to think. I mean, they'd be correct. Don't get frustrated when you're doing so many good things. Nobody wants to hear puck luck, but...puck luck.

Well I never did this for the last 2 years and stayed till the bitter end for every game I watched during the tank but for this one I'm out. My expectations are a little more than what I'm hearing and what I'm hearing sounds like shite. See y'all tomorrow. G'nite. 

even a game like this has been more tolerable than 80% of the games last two years

I don't understand this sentiment. We've played a really good game overall against an unbeaten team, even if the score doesn't reflect it.

Oh! Just terrible luck! And Frenchie refs!

Losers' laments.

What I hated to see was Gus pez dispensing his head back and cursing the hockey gods after he missed that shot off the right wing. That's not Girgensons to me, that's a Vanek move. Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel.

Franson drifting out of his own zone while his team changed on that one power play was hilarious. I kept hitting the fast forward button on the remote.

First of all, tip of the hat to Moe-Ray-All. They are by far the best team we've seen this season and they play a beautiful game of hockey. Lest we forget, not that long ago, they were a lottery team in transition. They are an example of what happens when you acquire good young players and give them a chance to gel. They look like they've been playing together for a long time. That can be our blueprint. 

Chad Johnson looked tired and when a mediocre goalie gets tired, he is a disaster which I think he was tonight. I hope Ullmark can Wally Pipp his career as a starter. 

Girgensons is in a funk. He needs to be on Eichel's wing replacing Gionta, who hasn't contributed anything that I can see. 

We need Bogo back soon. Not that he was bad tonight necessarily, but I can't stand Weber's game. He's a liability. Fransen is slow as growing mold, but has a tad of offensive upside and his shot usually gets through. 

Best part about tonight? Reinhart and Eichel. Our two youngest. Nice. 

I'll be looking to see how they respond to their worst performance of the year. I know it's a second of a back to back tomorrow, but it's gut check time. This is when the O'Reilly's on the team set the example. Tomorrow is a great opportunity for this young team. 

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9

Disco Dan and crew aren't addressing the problems correctly. You can't blame effort here, and you can't blame lack of skill...or potential skill. Goaltending was soft, but you have to expect that for some games until there's a real solution in net. This is a mental issue, and an issue where their first instinct isn't the correct one in many cases.

Condone stole one. Wait, wait ...

Reinhart IS fine ... I didn't expect to appreciate him in tight ...

I like Kane blasting away ... Rick Martin shot first, second, third.

This year > last year x 10

Where's Tyler?

Franson's a RHS on the power play .... and ... and ....

Risto's gonna be a stud, but he's having a rough stretch ... he's not alone.

The better the team gets, the more noticeable is Weber.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.