GDT: Columbus @ Buffalo, 3pm edt, 10/12/2015

WildCard

That story is a sobering account of how badly a few more points last year could have affected this teams trajectory.

The December run almost ruined it for Buffalo. Hopes for McEichel were fading fast. Thankfully, last time I'll ever say it, other teams began scoring again. I remember the Sabres goal scoring not going up in December, but their goals against went down. Many on this board, myself included, felt it wouldn't last. Glad it didn't. Eichels goal was just sick. What he did to even set up a shot was amazing. But where he buried the puck was even better. Couldn't tell you guys how many times I watched the replay. Gotta grab an Eichel jersey. Have never owned a jersey w/ players name on the back. The time has come.

My God. My carrion thread nightmare, alive and staring me in the face. I remember being emotionally cuddled by TBPhD's analysis and Claud Veret's blind faith ...

What a realistic article. It's gratifying to look at what could have been in the comfort of knowing it wasn't

Is that click bait or something? The story was linked previously in the thread. I really didn't need to visit that page again. I thought it was going to be about balloon rabbits and now I'm angry.

Made it my desktop background as soon as I saw this post. Thanks!

The people in the crowd tell the story. All eyes on Eichel. No one's running up the aisle. No one's looking at their phone or at the video board. Several people are clapping already. Several have the dreaded blowers cramp, mouths agape.

A few corrections: the bald guy with glasses thinks he sees Mary Alice Demler in the 200 level across the way. He has recorded all 4,374 of her broadcasts. He has a Mary Alice Demler balloon. And two of the kids, their brains not fully developed yet, are looking back at where Eichel came from. They can't fully process what just happened.

Also, how cool is Eichel with the mouthguard hanging out? Go back 45 years and that's Perreault with a Winston.

Also, how cool is Eichel with the mouthguard hanging out? Go back 45 years and that's Perreault with a Winston.

Is it actually hanging out of his mouth there? During the game play? Is that, um, normal?

I'm not familiar of the Perreault image you reference. It more calls to mind for me Jordan with his tongue.

Also, funk me, but if you Google Image search Eichel Sabres this is on your first page of hits.

BybRSsoIEAAuxXR.jpg

Is that click bait or something? The story was linked previously in the thread. I really didn't need to visit that page again. I thought it was going to be about balloon rabbits and now I'm angry.

https://www.google.com/search?q=balloon+rabbit&safe=off&biw=1600&bih=789&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0CAgQ_AUoA2oVChMIw9D-l4jCyAIVAzM-Ch2TxA8s

The people in the crowd tell the story. All eyes on Eichel. No one's running up the aisle. No one's looking at their phone or at the video board. Several people are clapping already. Several have the dreaded blowers cramp, mouths agape.

A few corrections: the bald guy with glasses thinks he sees Mary Alice Demler in the 200 level across the way. He has recorded all 4,374 of her broadcasts. He has a Mary Alice Demler balloon. And two of the kids, their brains not fully developed yet, are looking back at where Eichel came from. They can't fully process what just happened.

I think Moulson and eichel practice the mouthguard shifting in front of a mirror over at Moulsons place.

My God. My carrion thread nightmare, alive and staring me in the face. I remember being emotionally cuddled by TBPhD's analysis and Claud Veret's blind faith ...

What a realistic article. It's gratifying to look at what could have been in the comfort of knowing it wasn't

Losing the Carrion would have had Balloon Rabbit consequences. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.