GDT: Columbus @ Buffalo, 3pm edt, 10/12/2015

WildCard

I'm sorry to drop in without reading the posts. I will later. Promise.

I just want to say that, when Eichel got to that loose puck, I stood up off the couch, put hands to the head and bellowed "Noooo, he didn't!" (Like, in delighted disbelief.) Scared the crap out of the kids, some of whom were unsure whether 15 had done something wrong.

Then the goal. The kids hooted and hollered. I was still standing in the middle of the room, staring. In disbelief. One of the little ones asked, a little frightened?, "Are you okay?"

"I can't believe what I just saw. I can't believe that kid is a Sabre."

Unreal post. My wife cares much less about the Sabres than I but I had her watch jacks goal and then read this post. She's starting to get the hype and my excitement to watch the games with my boys in another year or two.

The best part about that Eichel goal is how he teleports from down below the faceoff dot up to the blue line in the time it takes for his own deflected shot to complete its bounce. How the f*ck is that even possible?

He's the most interesting hockey player in the world.

I just want to say that, when Eichel got to that loose puck, I stood up off the couch, put hands to the head and bellowed "Noooo, he didn't!" (Like, in delighted disbelief.) Scared the crap out of the kids, some of whom were unsure whether 15 had done something wrong.

Then the goal. The kids hooted and hollered. I was still standing in the middle of the room, staring. In disbelief. One of the little ones asked, a little frightened?, "Are you okay?"

Your couch is going to get jealous. You keep leaving it for another man. Couches are men, no?

I posted upthread that it appears Rick's Yeichel call was no accident. He did it again today, but you were in a Jack Eichel freezer coma and probably just heard the teacher from Peanuts.

Best game the Sabres have played in 3 years.

Agreed. They started slowly but eventually they OUTWORKED the opponent.

I really can't believe we have such a talented player on OUR Team.  This is wonderful.  

Weren't you talking the other day about how you were going to change your name? Oh wait then you flip flopped and started whining again. There can be a stuck and a sick. One's an old man and the other is an adorable Kraken.

Old man? I guess if 45 is old I am.

Whining? If were going to spend the next 7 months limited to posting how great Eichel is then it is going to get a little redundant in here.

Edited by sicknfla

I think you have to love hockey to appreciate that goal. It's not going to make some NBA fan in OK City go crazy.

I think Bucci shows us some love. He's a hockey guy. This football game blows, and I haven't seen many defensive plays in the playoff games today.

Old man? I guess if 45 is old I am.

Whining? If were going to spend the next 7 months limited to posting how great Eichel is then it is going to get a little redundant in here.

I'd imagine having sex with a supermodel would eventually get boring...but I think it'd take me longer than 7 months. Same thing here :)

They also need Swamp to do the audio mixing. The horn/crowd are obliterating the first part of Rick's "score!" call.

So now I'm convinced he's trying to say Yeichel. Then he seems to overdo the enunciation of Eichel to draw a contrast. It's just not working.

I'll steal one I just heard about via Twitter: Ei-carumba!

I just finished watching the game on DVR and I think Rick is going for something like JACKEL.  Still not working for me.

I just finished watching the game on DVR and I think Rick is going for something like JACKEL. Still not working for me.

Someone needs to be upfront with Rick about it if this continues. But maybe he's just out of practice because he hasn't had to call a goal for a great player playing for the Sabres since..... God knows when....

I think RJ is more shell shocked than anything when it comes to Eichel. He just instantly wows us, partially because he's great and partially because we've had too little of that for the past two years. Honestly aside from a few highlight reel goals involving Girgs and Ennis what has RJ got to get all giddy over?

I've listened to the Eichel goal call a few times, and I think it was good call by Rick, even a very good call. He captured the excitement of it. I kind of wonder if Rick's going along with an organizational philosophy of not building Eichel up too quickly or putting too much attention on him. I'm sure Rick could conjure up all kinds of Dawesomes, Wowies and LaLas for the kid if he wanted. Hell, Yeichel might just be growing on me. I think Rick needs to polish the intonation of it. YeiiiichELLLL, like he's being goosed, or is one of the Three Stooges.

I think RJ is more shell shocked than anything when it comes to Eichel. He just instantly wows us, partially because he's great and partially because we've had too little of that for the past two years. Honestly aside from a few highlight reel goals involving Girgs and Ennis what has RJ got to get all giddy over?

I'm all for him being giddy, but he needs to come up with something else to say. Does Eichel have a nickname of any kind? I'll take anything over "Yeichel".

Yeichel is a terrible, terrible call, sorry RJ. Even NHL.com had a better one in "Hit the Jack-Pot" There are so many puns you can make, Jack the Ripper, All Jacked Up, etc. I have no clue where Yeichel came from, but I hope it disappears real quick. Maybe RJ needs to have the bottle back in the booth 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.