Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

CallawaySabres

I for one would love if the Sabres went back to the original royal blue and gold. The red & black goathead jerseys were tied to the most successful teams I got to watch in my lifetime, but I would much rather have seen those same teams in the original colors.

My biggest pet peeve is the banners in the arena that seem to be a hodgepodge of all different colors and designs. It looks very... cheap. Not even mentioning that we have far fewer than other buildings, but having various colors and designs doesn't unify the building like it should.

Is there not going to be a 3rd jersey this year? Why has there not been even a peep about getting these damn colors back. So tired of the black jersey with grey and sparkles....

I could be totally wrong here, but i could swear I heard on Hockey Hotline months ago that after the debacle of our last thirds, the team wasn't planning on making any more thirds for a while... quite possibly not til 2020 (50 year anniversary)

I could be totally wrong here, but i could swear I heard on Hockey Hotline months ago that after the debacle of our last thirds, the team wasn't planning on making any more thirds for a while... quite possibly not til 2020 (50 year anniversary)

I think you're right.

This was Ted Black's plan. Unclear if that's still the case. I really do hope we get to see a return to the Royal and a look at the black and reds for the 50th anniversary would be awesome.

This was Ted Black's plan. Unclear if that's still the case. I really do hope we get to see a return to the Royal and a look at the black and reds for the 50th anniversary would be awesome.

Technically, they aren't supposed to bring new thirds in more than every 3 years, so they should have to have new thirds this season if they want them for '19-'20. But considering there was no '04-'05, a legit case could be made that '20-'21 is 50th. Plus, if a team can make a buck, the league often softens the rules for "special occasions." Figure 50th year would qualify for that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

hope there is not too much change to the top, have to say i prefer our present top and hope we keep the change to a minimum. I was also a fan of the "slug" top and wouldn't mind that design as a third jersey or the black top 1996-2006 (my first sabres top).

exciting.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.