Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

CallawaySabres

I'm fairly certain I read somewhere that nobody's wearing thirds at all this upcoming season. Which is nice.

But for the love of all that is holy, royal blue needs to be brought back.

Without third jerseys they could go to home whites.

Would be better in b&g. ;)

And my preference for that logo is as the shoulder patch w/ the original logo as the main crest.

And they need to turn it upside down so that the cartoon devil is on full display.  That's all I can ever see when I look at that logo.

Only to take them away from us the following season.

Even the NHL isn't tone deaf enough to do that to us. Would be very surprised to see home whites. :(

It's something I'll never understand. I have always preferred to see the different colors teams use for their jerseys, and I would think that, since most people I have talked to feel that way, the NHL would want to go this route due to the possibility of more non-market jersey sales. I'm pretty sure I've never bought a white non-Sabres jersey and don't think I ever would. 

It's something I'll never understand. I have always preferred to see the different colors teams use for their jerseys, and I would think that, since most people I have talked to feel that way, the NHL would want to go this route due to the possibility of more non-market jersey sales. I'm pretty sure I've never bought a white non-Sabres jersey and don't think I ever would. 

They can't easily market third jerseys, which almost always are dark, that way.

The Sabres are going to get a new jersey this year for the winter classic. Wonder what that will look like. Hopefully it will feature the original colors.

And why doesn't the NHL just have teams switch home jerseys after the new year. So they start the year wearing light jerseys at home and then wear dark jerseys at home after Jan 1st.

That way fans will be able to see both home team's jerseys live during the season, as well as the opponents jerseys.

The Sabres are going to get a new jersey this year for the winter classic. Wonder what that will look like. Hopefully it will feature the original colors.

And why doesn't the NHL just have teams switch home jerseys after the new year. So they start the year wearing light jerseys at home and then wear dark jerseys at home after Jan 1st.

That way fans will be able to see both home team's jerseys live during the season, as well as the opponents jerseys.

or leave it up to the home team to decide

I don't know how to link a tweet but if someone can post the picture Sabres.com tweeted commenmerating the selection of Gil Perrault, I'd like to discuss just what were the original colors.

I remember a conversation I had with Rip laughing about how little thought was put into uniforms back then. Colors changedbyear to year, name plates were sewn and parched together after trades.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.