Free Agent Frenzy 2015

spndnchz

You can almost smell it

It's like somebody Shat themselves.

(this is a really bad Kevin Shattenkirk joke that I don't expect anybody to understand)

I'm thinking that and next year's unprotected #1 is what the ask is but not yet the offer.

It depends on who it would be. I'm willing to include it in a deal for Shattenkirk, but few others.

So, two days and no NHL d-men yet. I'm not really complaining about our moves seeing as we got rid of Hodgson, and got Eichel, Kane, O'Reilly, and Lehner. I don't think we're out of it yet, but FA doesn't seem to be the way Murray wants to go. According to his Eichel conference he's been trying for a trade partner but hasn't had any luck. Do we think he's running out of partners, or does he have one left in him?

I think Murray is keeping some of his powder dry.  He knows a(n) LHD is not putting this team into Cup contention tomorrow, and he knows he needs to have some options next late winter (trade deadline) and early summer (draft and FA).

If my grandmother had left me ten million, I wouldn't have spent all of it in a few months, you know?

(this is a really bad Kevin Shattenkirk joke that I don't expect anybody to understand)

It depends on who it would be. I'm willing to include it in a deal for Shattenkirk, but few others.

Not going to happen.  He will remain with his team.

I'm thinking that and next year's unprotected #1 is what the ask is but not yet the offer.

Yea, it would have to be one hell of a deal for me to part with an unprotected #1 next year. Needs to be a pretty high-end, young player.

As an aside, I just love how bounceyball (hi shrader) lingo like "unprotected picks" has invaded our NHL talk :D

I think Murray is keeping some of his powder dry.  He knows a(n) LHD is not putting this team into Cup contention tomorrow, and he knows he needs to have some options next late winter (trade deadline) and early summer (draft and FA).

If my grandmother had left me ten million, I wouldn't have spent all of it in a few months, you know?

Not going to happen.  He will remain with his team.

I wouldn't be surprised, but I would be disappointed, if we approach camp without having added a significant defenseman.

Yea, it would have to be one hell of a deal for me to part with an unprotected #1 next year. Needs to be a pretty high-end, young player.

As an aside, I just love how bounceyball (hi shrader) lingo like "unprotected picks" has invaded our NHL talk :D

I wouldn't be surprised, but I would be disappointed, if we approach camp without having added a significant defenseman.

I don't think it's going to be a "significant" one, TB.  

I simply mean solid top-4, which should be doable. Doesn't have to be a star or anything. If you mean the same thing, well then, I simply hope you're wrong.

I just don't think Murray's going to do it this summer.  I don't think he sees this team as on D-Man short of a playoff spot (nor do I), and I think he's going to watch some prospects develop, watch the team grow and jell, and maybe make a move in February, or not.  I think he'll target a UFA D-man next summer at the earliest.

I just don't think Murray's going to do it this summer.  I don't think he sees this team as on D-Man short of a playoff spot (nor do I), and I think he's going to watch some prospects develop, watch the team grow and jell, and maybe make a move in February, or not.  I think he'll target a UFA D-man next summer at the earliest.

I don't necessarily see that either, but 1 top-4 Dman could be the difference between a solid corps and a trainwreck.

I just don't think Murray's going to do it this summer. I don't think he sees this team as on D-Man short of a playoff spot (nor do I), and I think he's going to watch some prospects develop, watch the team grow and jell, and maybe make a move in February, or not. I think he'll target a UFA D-man next summer at the earliest.

Is that because you think we're already a playoff team??

I love Brodziak at that cost. Great addition to any team for under a mil. For faceoff's alone. He's a much better player than McCormick is. How did that bum get 3 years of term.

They wanted to protect him from waivers so they overpaid.

The Hawks currently have 48.793mil tied up in forwards and 16.438mil tied up in defenders for a cap hit of 65.231 add in their goaltending and you hit 71.818 and that is with just 4 defenders on the payroll. Something has to give and soon.  

The Hawks currently have 48.793mil tied up in forwards and 16.438mil tied up in defenders for a cap hit of 65.231 add in their goaltending and you hit 71.818 and that is with just 4 defenders on the payroll. Something has to give and soon.  

We'll take Bickell if you're shipping us Ville Pokka.  He'd be a nice guy to replace Zadorov in our system.  He had a great first year in the AHL.  

#SJSharks have signed RW Joel Ward.

BREAKING: #SJSharks sign unrestricted free agent forward Joel Ward to a three-year contract. go.sjsharks.com/P9KL6 pic.twitter.com/nvkmGRAOhx

Joel Ward AAV in SJ is approx $3.25M. Good fit there.

Edited by Hoss

Curtis Pashelka @CurtisPashelka

#SJSharks have signed RW Joel Ward.

San Jose Sharks

@SanJoseSharks

BREAKING: #SJSharks sign unrestricted free agent forward Joel Ward to a three-year contract. go.sjsharks.com/P9KL6 pic.twitter.com/nvkmGRAOhx

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC

Joel Ward AAV in SJ is approx $3.25M. Good fit there.

Sabres could have used Ward a better Marcus and has wheels imo. Edited by North Buffalo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.