Ryan O'Reilly and Jamie McGinn traded to Sabres

LGR4GM

May be the biggest single day in franchise history since the spin of the wheel. 

Was thinking the exact same thing. 

WOW! 

I remove the demerit I gave him earlier for the Lehner deal because I was sure 21 was gonna be part of the O'Reilly deal, anyway. 

GO SABRES!!!

Pysyk was ready all last year to be a regular in the NHL...Nolan was pretty frustrated about him being kept in the AHL...

Risto, Pysyk, Bogo, Gorges, Ruhwedel and Weber as a top 6?  I can live with that...if they could add another D as part of a 2nd pairing even better...

McCabe possibly ready to make the jump as well?

Ruwedel is more of a 7.  Pysyk slides into the top 4.  Still need a better top 6 player at the least.

crap, Big Z should have been enough, don't like the trade. Murray imo getting schooled. Sabres will be better, but won't have enough depth to go anywhere long term.

Maybe not specifically with just this trade but I do fear there is not a plan beyond say 4 years from now.  In 8 years I can see Eichel being traded to start the whole process again since the future depth has been stripped clean.

Maybe not specifically with just this trade but I do fear there is not a plan beyond say 4 years from now. In 8 years I can see Eichel being traded to start the whole process again since the future depth has been stripped clean.

The Buffalo mentality hit already?

Our cupboard is hardly bare, and there is always FA and trading of more supporting team members

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.